Issue with H9000 in a Mac Aggregate Device.

Home Forums Products Rackmount Issue with H9000 in a Mac Aggregate Device.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      chriscarter
      Participant
      I have an annoying issue with my H9000 when it’s used within an aggregate device on the Mac. I have four devices aggregated: the Mac Built-in Digital Output, two MOTU 828x interfaces (Thunderbolt) and the H9000 (USB). Using these as a single aggregate device works brilliantly – I couldn’t be happier. 

However… whenever I turn on my Mac (which is always last in the chain of switching on and always after the H9000 has fully booted up) and check the Mac System Audio Devices settings the original H9000 position in the aggregate list is greyed out and another (non greyed out) H9000 is listed – but not as part of the aggregated devices list. If I go ahead and load any DAW that is using the aggregate device all my carefully labeled channels are out of sorts because the original H9000 device is now missing (greyed out) from the aggregate device. I have to go back into Audio Devices settings, deselect the greyed out H9000 and select the alternative H9000. If I then load up a DAW it sees the aggregate device as I originally compiled it.

I know it’s not a serious issue but it is nevertheless really annoying as it happens EVERY time I turn on my Mac. Is this an Apple Issue or something Eventide can fix?

I’m using Emote 1.2.2 on a Mac Pro (“Late 2013” model) running macOS 10.15.4.

Before and after screen grabs below.

John Baylies
      Participant

I can't repo this on macOS 10.13.6 w/ the agg dev Built-In Digital Out + RME Fireface 800 + H9000.

Could be another Catalina thing…

This is now ticket # H9000-371: H9000 greyed out of aggregate device after reboot.

chriscarter
      Participant

OK thanks John.

daddek
      Participant

I’ve also been putting up with this for a long while. I don’t restart my studio machine that often so I’ve gotten used to it as part of my reboot sequence, but would be great if it would retain it’s settings. I’m on the last Mojave. Aggregate of two Apollo 16’s and the H9000.

enable
      Participant

Same Problem here with OS 10.14.6

zengomi
      Participant

Wondering if this issue has been resolved.

I’m on the cusp of buying an H9000 and intended to create an aggregate with 3 Apollo x8p. 

zengomi
      Participant

Thanks for replying. Glad to know there is that degree of stability.

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      daddek wrote:
      I’ve also been putting up with this for a long while. I don’t restart my studio machine that often so I’ve gotten used to it as part of my reboot sequence, but would be great if it would retain it’s settings. I’m on the last Mojave. Aggregate of two Apollo 16’s and the H9000.

Thanks for the added information – looks like we can't blame this one on Catalina.  We'll investigate.

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff
      zengomi wrote:

Wondering if this issue has been resolved.

I'm on the cusp of buying an H9000 and intended to create an aggregate with 3 Apollo x8p. 

We don't see this issue too frequently, but if it does happen it's a pretty simple fix of just re-selecting the devices in the aggregate device in the correct order. 

I have never run into this issue personally using the H9k with multiple aggregate device setups and different computers with different OS. I just tried reproducing the issue on High Sierra using an aggregate device with an Apollo 8p and H9k and the aggregate settings were intact after restarting the computer.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.