ISWITCH module

Home Forums Products Rackmount ISWITCH module

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      brickman

Hi , 

So I have 3 different samphold modules going into an iswitch module but I cant figure out how to rotate through the 3 different sources via the select input on the iswitch module . Any ideas ?

Thanks!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Again, the Vsig part of the forum is where this post should be.

Not sure of your problem – the ISWITCH module has a select control input which does this. What have you tried, and what did not work ?

sean.e
      Participant

This is an extract of one of mine.  Two ISwitches each with 4 inputs where the input is driven by a text trigger feeding a counter.  I pulled this out of a working sig file without testing the result – hopefully it works ok as extracted.

HEADM adc 2 2 iswitchL-out iswitchR-out Empty Empty 1 menupage-obj ;=0,0,100,0
      TRIGGER resetAllTrigger "Reset All" resetAll ;=75,850,100,0
      C_COUNTER switchSelectCtr switchCntIncrMrg-out switchCntResetM-out 1 3 ;=425,325,100,0
      EXTTRIG switchCntExtMidi MIDIExtTrigger -7935 2048 0 0 ;=300,775,100,0
      TRIGGER switchCntReset Reset reset ;=300,675,100,0
      TEXTTRIGGER switchCntTextTrg 4 switchSelectCtr-out "input 1" "input 2" "input 3" "input 4" ;=300,575,100,0
      C_MERGE switchCntResetM 3 switchSelectCtr-timeout resetAllTrigger-out switchCntReset-out ;=300,325,100,0
      C_MERGE switchCntIncrMrg 5 switchCntResetM-out switchCntTextTrg-out switchCntExtMidi-out resetAllTrigger-out switchCntReset-out ;=300,425,100,0
      ISWITCH iswitchL 4 switchSelectCtr-out adc-null adc-null adc-null adc-null ;=425,25,100,0
      ISWITCH iswitchR 4 switchSelectCtr-out adc-null adc-null adc-null adc-null ;=425,175,100,0
      MENUPAGE menupage menupage menupage 3 switchCntTextTrg-obj switchCntReset-obj resetAllTrigger-obj ;=775,850,100,0

More about the use of the counter in this thread: http://forum.eventide.com/cs/forums/p/5991/25982.aspx

brickman

Apologies Nick , I didnt even see the vsig forum , I'll post in there in future . 

Sean.e , that code doesnt make much sense to me , any chance u have an image of that in visual form ?

This is the patch Im having problems with . Im trying to get each samphold module to be heard discreetly in constant rotation

http://soundsdivine.com/images/vsig_3_band.png

Any ideas ?

Thanks for your help !

sean.e
      Participant

That's a sigfile – just paste the text into vsig and you'll have more than an image.

brickman

That one didnt work for me sean.e , I still cant figure out how to modify the 'select' on the Iswitch module .

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

brickman:

I still cant figure out how to modify the 'select' on the Iswitch module

Can you explain your problem ? (What do you want to do, what you are you trying, what happens ?).

I'm going to speculate that your problem is that you are not familiar with the different signal types in Vsig. There is an audio type, which is obvious. A different thing is the control type (of which ISWITCH:select is an example), which is the sort of signal a knob or MIDI would produce (slow). You can convert between audio and control with an A_TO_C and vice-versa with a C_TO_A.

sean.e
      Participant

I've just confirmed it works as intended though does have some superfluous modules.  This one is a little cleaner and has an audio input plugged into two of the switch inputs:

HEADM adc 2 2 iswitchL-out iswitchL-out Empty Empty 1 menupage-obj ;=0,0,100,0
      C_COUNTER switchSelectCtr switchCntIncrMrg-out switchCntResetM-out 1 3 ;=425,175,100,0
      TRIGGER switchCntReset Reset reset ;=300,500,100,0
      TEXTTRIGGER switchCntTextTrg 4 switchSelectCtr-out "input 1" "input 2" "input 3" "input 4" ;=300,400,100,0
      C_MERGE switchCntResetM 2 switchSelectCtr-timeout switchCntReset-out ;=300,175,100,0
      C_MERGE switchCntIncrMrg 3 switchCntResetM-out switchCntTextTrg-out switchCntReset-out ;=300,275,100,0
      ISWITCH iswitchL 4 switchSelectCtr-out adc-in1 adc-null adc-in1 adc-null ;=425,25,100,0
      MENUPAGE menupage menupage menupage 2 switchCntTextTrg-obj switchCntReset-obj ;=725,400,100,0

By pressing Select on the first item in the menu, and listening to the output, I can tell that the ISwitch is switching between the 4 inputs.  Not much more to it than that – it does work.

brickman

I have 3 different samphold modules w/ different freqs going into an Iswitch module . Im trying to discreetly output each band in rotation . I've tried using the sequencer module via the A-C to mod the iswitch but Im not having any luck . It only seems to switch between input 1 & 2 . 

http://soundsdivine.com/images/3_band.png

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Audio signals only go between -1 and +1. This is why you only get inputs 1 and 2, in that the ISWITCH only gets values between 0 and 1, without getting the 2 it would need to select the third input. The values you enter into the sequencer gets converted into audio-type values between -1 and +1.

You could use a C_MULTIPLY after the A_TO_C to extend the range. Multiplying by 2 would probably do it.

brickman

That explains so much , thanks Nick !

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.