Italo, you are THE man !!

Home Forums Products Rackmount Italo, you are THE man !!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Matthias Adloff
      Participant

Hi Italo,

long time no see, since I´ve been making music over the last 8 years more than hanging around in the forums. Nice to see this forum is still alive, after switching from yahoo… Hope you liked my demo for the H8000 that I did back in 2005. Still got the T-Shirt from Eventide, the bottle opener has died a few months ago due to heavy duty 🙂

Also nice to see the black hole algo has been fixed 🙂 🙂

But I need to explain why I said that YOU are THE man. I still have my very first Orville, but this unit had some problems (white screen after power-on, system freeze for no particular reason etc.) after I moved my studio to another place back in 2007. Of course my initial thought was to check all the internal connectors, especially for the ADAT card that caused so big trouble in 2002 and has been modified by Dorian LeCroy at Eventide to finally work, but I couldn´t find anything that caused the problem. So, instead of sending the unit to Eventide (I´m far to lazy to do this again !) I bought more stuff, another Orville and a H8000.

Today, I needed to check this forum in order to get some informations with an obviously defective H8000FW. And I found a post of yours where you suggested to check the U106 chip. Well, I gave it a try, went to the cellar, got this Orville, opened it and just pressed on the U106.

Guess what !?! It works. The unit is now back in my rack. And I love it ! It´s the most beautiful unit from Eventide I´ve ever seen, b/w screen (much better then the new H8000 screens) and with a faster and more convenient handling of browsing the presets than the H8000s offer.

THANKS MAN !!!

Matthias

ThreeFingersOfLove
      Participant

Matthias,

perhaps you would like to know that your demo for the H-8000FW is probably the best demo I have ever listened to and it was definitely a decisive factor for me to buy the unit.

Cheers,

Yannis

Matthias Adloff
      Participant

Thanks Yannis,

thats very nice to hear ! I hope you did never regret your decision then. But I think one can´t go wrong with such a powerful machine.

Funny how this demo made it´s way to Eventide. It was never mentioned to be used like that. Jake68 from the Nuendo forum asked about a good musical reverb VST plugin. I just replied: Get yourself an Eventide. This was way too short an explanation, so I decided to make some reverb demos to put them online. But I found too many cool examples, so the demo became a little bit too long…

A few months later, I found that a swedish music store made advertising with my demo ! I wrote them and (of course) allowed them to use it, but that it would have been nice to inform me before using my work. One year later, Eventide asked me if they could use that too, and I was happy to support them. That´s what I call globalisation 🙂

Cheers,

Matthias

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.