“lemon”?

Home Forums Products Rackmount “lemon”?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      edo

Does this preset only work with some specific setup configuration (i.e. mono in / stereo out etc)? I was expecting to hear some sort of "pitch shifted angelic echoes going into a 16th note tremolo with auto volume swell on attack and release" kind of thing, but on my preset here, there's some sort of random reverse crystals going into a weird "out of phase" 1/4 note tremolo.. Does it have to do with my setup (eclipse used as 2 separate processors, with in1/out1 in one looper of a switchblade gl and in2/out2 in another looper), or the preset needs some adjustments in order to come to life??

IDeangelis

Edo

"Lemon" replicates The Edge sound in the U2 song "Lemon". Don't know why you were expecting "angelic echoes + etc…"

Keep in mind that there is no factory preset made to work for the configuration you are using with your Switchblade. Every preset should be used without physically separating I/Os or changing its routing. For your use, you'll need to create all new presets.

best

I

edo

Italo,

I know that's the U2 preset, that's why i thought it would be some sort of pitch shifted shimmerish tremolo. Anyways, I know my setup is weird, in fact I'm changing all my presets to dual mono, in order to have 2 separate fx per preset, as opposed to performing pc to switch sounds.

so, back to this lemon preset, if i change the connections, or create a loop that has my eclipse in1/out1 going in series into my eclipse in2/out2, will I hear the lemon sound??

thanx

IDeangelis

Yes. It will sound as in the song, with the proper routing.

best

I

edo

I did the proper routing, but still, I had to change the tremolo speed to 16th notes (as opposed to 1/4) and the tremolo depth to 70/80%, and now it's almost there… except for the fact that the reverse crystals' attack is a bit out of time, as if I set the delay according to the right tempo (8th notes at 116bpm), the reverse delay doesnt come exactly on that same beat as the tremolo, making the attack a bit shakey… will experiment some more when I have time, and hopefully will come up with something useful to share!

benyvin

Great, did you get to the right tone for this song, I´m curious.

My best.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.