Level-In question

Home Forums Products Rackmount Level-In question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      istrice00

Hi Italo
      I've connected my Eclipse with my amp's (Diezel Herbert) effect loop using Xlr-Jack cables,I've noticed that the meter of the level-in signal of the Eclipse is very low -24db/-18db maximum.
      The level-in gain is set to 0db and the pots of the channels of the Hebert are set 2 o'clock (70% of the volume).
      What is the problem?Did I miss something?What can I do to have a good signal?
      Thanks
      Max

IDeangelis

Max

levels are a relative measure.

Provided you have correctly soldered the cables (balanced to unbalanced- check the FAQ on our website), you can boost Eclipse input levels with GAINS (under LEVELS).

I don't know which pot in your amp is also controlling the FX Send. Often it's the master out…..

best

I

istrice00

Thanks Italo!

The cables are brand new (Proel,Die-Hard)

(XLR Pins #1 & #3 to ?" Ground Connect XLR Pin #2 to ?" Tip. )

I don't have any pots in the serial loop for the FX Send.The send level is managed by the master out located in the preamp section of the amp (set at 70%).

The manual of my Diezel says that :"The individual channel volume controls determine the signal strength at the send jack.The range is -… to +10db.The output impedance is 4.7 kOhm"

I've tried to boost the gain level of my Eclipse,and i've set the master out level of my preamp channel to 90%… the meter show -7db,but the clean tone of the amp is distorted.Tongue Tied

IDeangelis

If the front panel green LEDS light up, you're fine.

The problem is in the way you set your amp and how it is designed really.

istrice00

Thanks a lot!Wink

Max 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.