LFO#1 MODULATOR ERROR

Home Forums Products Rackmount LFO#1 MODULATOR ERROR

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      fmanfredi76
      Participant

Hi,

I'm trying to assign a dynamic square wave LFO to a simple LP Filter. There's something wrong in my Eclipse modulation block page: first, I can't be able to find the FMRATE and T_FMRATE parametrs (in fact the LFO#1 menu have two instead of three pages); then, when I assign the modulator to the frequency parameter, digital artifacts appear (crackles, noises), and after some tweakin' the system crashes.

Thank you again!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The section in the manual mentioning FMRATE and T_FMRATE applies to presets, not the mod block. The manual says that the parameters are "analogous"  – this suggests that they are the same, but in this case they are not. The mod block LFO should only have two pages.

That said, you should not get crackles or crashes when using the LFO. I would suggest that you follow the instructions on UM p.53 to get the unit to a stable state.

fmanfredi76
      Participant

1) Ok, I see it. So, my approach was wrong: not modulate the LFO itself, but apply an envelope follower to the rate of LFO of the modfilters algo.

2) Here there's something wrong, every time I try to patch LFO#1 strange audio crackles appear. Sytem settings are non influential. I'll go into this in more depth.

Thank you!

fmanfredi76
      Participant

Hi nickrose, nothing to do: when I try to patch the LFO (but also FOLL and ADSR) to whatsoever parameter, glitches and crackles appear on audio path…

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Can you give me a few examples of presets and parameters that demonstrate this ? Even if you think it is all of them, please give specific examples.

fmanfredi76
      Participant

Ok, I'm trying to assign a simple square LFO to preset 133. I also followed the tutorial on User manuals page 18, with the same result…

I could send you some audio files to illustrate my issue.

Thank you nickrose!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Which parameter are you trying to control ? 

And, does it need signal passing through it to make the noises, or is it all the time ?

What clock source and freq are you using ?

fmanfredi76
      Participant

1) Master FREQ of the filter 2) No, dry signal is unaffected, only wet signal is affected 3) Internal Clock at 48Khz

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Based on the information you give, your problem is probably related to using squarewaves to drive filters. A filter will tend to have a memory of recent signal values, and the very sharp change you will get from a squarewave will confuse it. Similarly, using a squarewave to change gain can result in clicking due to the instantaneous level change.

Do you get the same kind of problems with other waveforms ?

fmanfredi76
      Participant

Yep, it doesn't matter what shape it has. Crackles (like an old vinyl running) are still there! Not a real issue, I can use the FmFilterPan algo, but I'm wondering if you have the same buge…

laurent
      Participant

Hi   ,  I  have  the  same  issue  .  If  i  try  to  modulate  the  frequency parameter of a preset   ,   whatever  source  i  choose ( lfo ext-1 , etc…) ,  the  ecliple   gets  unhappy  and  crackle   ,  and  overload .  for  example  in  preset  341  fliter echos  ,   if  i  assing  the  frequency  to  be  modulated  ,  it  does  that  crackle . On  most  fiter type presets  if  i  try  to  modulate  the  frequency   this  problem occur  .

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.