Lookinf for a DSP4500 manual

Home Forums Products Rackmount Lookinf for a DSP4500 manual

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      orys

Does anyone have the manual to sell it to me please?

I got a DSP4500 and there's no manual with it so i don't know how to use it properly.

I have already bought the original DSP4000 manual and there is one third of the manual missing so i really don't know how to use the sampler.

Also there are many presets especially the fuzz ones that i get no dry or wet sound at all.

gkellum
      Participant

I sent you an email about the DSP4500 manual to the gmail address that you registered with Eventide.

orys

YES!!!

Thank you and all the best!

I have a small question, there are some presets, especially guitar presets such as fuzz related ones that i get no sound at all when i load them.

Any ideas? I get no sound at all. No dry or wet.

Could it be my cables? I have the DSP4500 connected with the H3500 with ordinary mic XLR cables output of one unit to the input of the other and then from there I run ordinary microphone XLR cables with 1/4" jack on my amp send return inputs.

so lets say the input from the amp goes to one unit and then passes to the output of the other to the amp.

Does this have anything to do with the no sound thing? 

Do i need a foot switch for some presets to work?

I am really puzzled with this 🙁

gkellum
      Participant

I forwarded your question on to one of our support people, and he said the wiring scheme on the H3000s is different, which may be contributing to the problem. See below. He recommended doing a factory reset, then just connecting it by itself to see if it works.

Connection and Level Guidelines for XLR and ¼" Jacks

High Level Signals ALWAYS Use the XLR Connectors

Many Eventide audio products give you a choice of XLR or 1/4" input and output connectors.  When a +4dB line level signal is fed to an Eventide from a +4db FX Loop Send/Line Out/Preamp Out, you must use XLR connectors for inputs and outputs on any Eventide unit. This is true for: H3000/3500 DSP4000/4500/4000B GTR4000 DSP7000/7500/4000B+ ORVILLE/ORVILLE R ECLIPSE H8000/H8000A

The H3000/3500 only have XLR connectors, and these can be changed to accept either +4dBm or -10dBm nominal operating levels. They are set to "pro audio," +4dBm at the factory. To change this, remove the top cover of the unit, pull the small jumper blocks from the +4 pins and put them on the -10 pins. Refer to the H3000/3500 manual for a detailed schematic. Warning : disconnect MAINS before opening the unit. Refer to a qualified technician if in doubt.

DSP4000/4500/4000B/GTR4000/ECLIPSE handle unbalanced -10dB signals on ¼" input and output connectors. 

DSP4000B+/7000/7500/ORVILLE/H8000/H8000A handle unbalanced -10dB signals on ¼" input jack connectors. There are no ¼" output connectors, so unbalancing of XLR outputs is required. This is described below.

Wiring

H3000/3500 Series

• Pin 1 : GROUND
      • Pin 2 : -PHASE (Negative)
      • Pin 3 : +PHASE (Hot)

Use line level cables (2 connectors + Ground) as those made by pro audio companies like Mogami, Belden , Canare, Monster Cables, Klotz, etc.

Input from unbalanced ¼" jack: Connect XLR Pins #1 & #2 to ¼" Ground Connect XLR Pin #3 to ¼" Tip

Output to unbalanced ¼" jack: Connect XLR Pin #1 to ¼" Ground Leave XLR Pin #2 unconnected Connect XLR Pin #3 to ¼" Tip 

DSP4000/4500/4000B/GTR4000 Series

• Pin 1 : GROUND
      • Pin 2 : +PHASE (Hot)
      • Pin 3 : -PHASE (Negative)

Use line levels cables (2 connectors + Ground) as those made by pro audio companies like Mogami, Belden, Canare, Monster Cables, Klotz, etc.  Always keep balanced the cables ends connected to the Eventide XLRs I/O and unbalance the ¼" ends connected to unbalanced gear.

Input from unbalanced ¼" jack: Connect XLR Pins #1 & #3 to ¼" Ground Connect XLR Pin #2 to ¼" Tip

Output to unbalanced ¼" jack: Connect XLR Pin #1 to ¼" Ground Connect XLR Pin #2 to ¼" Tip. Leave XLR Pin #3 unconnected

orys

Ok!

I'm pretty sure i've got the wiring correct but what about the factory reset?

Won't it delete the factory presets?

Just want to confirm this.

Will read how to dump the files on a PCMCIA. Is it possible?

gkellum
      Participant

A factory reset will overwrite any user presets with the original factory presets.  It's possible that the reason some of your presets aren't making sound is that one of the previous owners of your DSP 4500 made some changes to the presets that caused them to no longer pass audio.  So, doing a factory reset will restore the presets to their original state.

orys

Thank you for your reply.

So, before i do the factory reset, do i dump files? Is that the option i have to choose?

orys

I find it hard to dump the files. Anyway i haven't made any personal presets so, do i just press button 8 and power on the unit to clear the internal programs. Or do i go through setup and "format internal" ? Can you please explain how to do the factory reset please?

I am worried about the factory presets. I know the ROMS cannot be erased but……….

gkellum
      Participant

Actually, what I told you about a factory reset overwriting any user presets with the original factory presets is wrong.  That's the behavior in some of the newer Eventide products, but not in the 4500.  I'm going to let someone who knows that product better than I chime in on your questions.

gkellum
      Participant

Actually, what I told you about a factory reset overwriting any user presets with the original factory presets is wrong.  That's the behavior in some of the newer Eventide products, but not in the 4500.  I'm going to let someone who knows that product better than I chime in on your questions.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.