Looking for a specific plug-in or piece of hardware that does this one specific thing

Home Forums Products Rackmount Looking for a specific plug-in or piece of hardware that does this one specific thing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      samchown
      Participant

A couple of months back I had the privilege of recording at this amazing recording studio in Wisconsin. They had probably one of the newer Evantide ultra harmonizer units & were utilizing it in a very unique way. Basically, it was a vocoder (I think this might have been a Pro Tools plug-in)  that was being strictly pitched corrected while harmonizing the melody that I was singing (which was the Evantide part I think), in such a way that it intelligently created its own counter melody based on what i was singing. So in other words, a vocoder and an intelligent harmonizer that created a counter melody based on what i was singing, were happening at the same time, which I'd never seen before or knew was possible, and it was awesome. I'm guessing the vocoder part was a pro tools plug in, however I'd like to know how I can get my hands on this 'intelligent harmonizer' effect. I understand that with each piece of evantide, there are infinite ways to create presets, however I'd just like to know which evantide has the capability to do this; I know they had a newer model. If there is a digital plug-in that does this one specific thing I'm looking for, even better since it's way cheaper to go that route than buy a $5000 piece of hardware. Thanks!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.