Memory card problem

Home Forums Products Rackmount Memory card problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Ruddy

Hi,

i am having a problem at the moment. When i insert my memory card the eclipse doesnt switch on. Nothing happens. If i take it back out the eclipse starts up as usual. Any help?

Thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It sounds like your memory card is faulty. This may be either a hardware issue or corrupted data on the card. You should either try another card, or reformat your card on a PC (this will erase all data) and try again.

Ruddy

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

Ruddy

Hi, i've been busy and only actually just had the chance to look into sorting this problem out. I am about to format this disk and just wondering if the file system needs to be FAT or FAT32 ? Thanks very much

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Depends on the version of firmware on the Eclipse and the Size of the memory card.

Safest bet is Fat or Fat16 (same thing) and not Fat32.

Ruddy

Thanks for the reply. I dont know a great deal about these cards to be honest but it says that it's a Type I, 64MB Memorex CF card. I am on update 4.0 for the eclipse. Should i still just go with FAT?

Ruddy

double post

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Yes FAT is the right format for a card that size…only really is an issue for cards in the GB size, not MB.

So go for FAT

Ruddy

I formatted the card but still have the problem of the eclipse not turning on when it's inserted. There isn't supposed to be some sort of software on it to work with the eclipse is there? It's been a long time since i originally had to do all this so i've forgotten.

Obviously, my comp recognised the card and its original contents so it doesn't seem like the card is physically broken. Any ideas? Thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

There would appear to be some sort of issue between your card and your Eclipse. Hard to know what.

But, cards are cheap ! Don't torture yourself – get another one (preferably a different manufacturer – Sandisk are good).

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.