memory card slot problem

Home Forums Products Rackmount memory card slot problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      orange

whilst I'm waiting for an answer to my "stuck on loading operating system" I thought I'd ask another question ….

I've never been able to fit a memory card into the memory card slot on my eclipse. I'm using an IBM one (as per the compatiblilty list) and it works fine in my camera, card reader etc.

It looks like the PCBs inside the slot (specifically the vertical one just behind the front panel, I assume for the buttons etc) hasn't been cut correctly as the memory card seems to catch on this and doesn't manage to push as far as the connector.

I've always done my updates via a serial connector so it's not to much of a problem but it is iritating.

Am I the only one with the problem ?

IDeangelis

Hi Orange

you may try opening the unit top cover and visually check what happens when you insert the IBM card. You may also try a different media, like a CFCard and see if the problem is still there or not. Depending on both suggested tests, you then will have to decide if the unit should come back at the factory for servicing.

We have almost no experience with those IBM devices as in time CFCs have become so popular and cheap. I have never had any report like yours.

all the best

I

orange

it catches on the pcb edges as circled in:

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h101/simonorange/eclipse.jpg

probably because (despite the list saying it's compatible) it's not a typeII slot

suppose it might be time to invest in a new card

orange

the type-I replacement card works fine – might be time to remove the IBM microdrive from the approved list ?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.