Memory card

Home Forums Products Rackmount Memory card

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      agapi

hello ,

do you know where can i buy a memory card for an Eventide dsp 4000 for soring presets.(pcmcia card that is)

Furthermore,

can i buy an adapter pcmcia to another memory type ex sd cause they are much cheaper and less trouble.

will this work 

thank you 

IDeangelis

HI Agapi

the 4000/7000/Orville Harmonizers do not support Compact Flash Cards & adapters. You need a PCMCIA with them.

You can try Googling for PCMCIA Cards. Last breand we used was Centennial; they make rechargable cards too.

All the best

I

agapi

thank a lot .

were really helpful.

a few more questions now. What is the max capacity the dsp 4000 supports (for the pcmcia card i mean ) and why should i need a rechargable one. Please explaim

Again thank you for your help and your immediate response

IDeangelis

I believe the max. external memory the 4000 can address is 4 megabytes. The manual may report this. In real life I have found that a 1 or 2 MB card is way more than enough for hundreds of presets.

You don't need rechargable cards. I only happened to advice you that brand because I have a rechargable one they made. The advantage is that you'll never need to buy and change an internal battery. The downside though is that the card should be inserted in the +powered on+ unit to be recharged. If left in the 4000 for long time, without powering the unit off, it may be completely discharged. My experience with these cards is 100% positive though. Never had a single problem as I had with other brands.

all the best

IDeangelis

" If left in the 4000 for long time, without powering the unit off, it may be completely discharged"

SORRY! I meant without powering the unit ON!

Tongue Tied 

ulfiyya
      Participant

Hi,
      Can the H 8000 read presets from gtr 4000 via memory card or vsigfile?
      Thanks,
      Mo,

drooney

Hi Mo,

The H8000, H7600 or Orville cannot read the PCMCIA memory cards that were used with earlier models such as the DSP4000 and DSP7000 series. The newer models use compact flash and aren't compatible. Sig files aren't transferrable either as the operating systems to support both are completely different.

Happy New Year!

ulfiyya
      Participant

Thanks!

And how can i do it ? do you heave a propositin?

Happy new year!!!

ulfiyya 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

With deepest respect to drooney, the newer products (H8000,7600) should be able to read PCMCIA cards from older units, although this will not have been tested much, so there may be the the odd issue.

Note that these later units include improved versions of most of the presets in the earlier units, so there will not be many reasons to transfer them.

Sigfile should in general transfer, but there may be some incompatabilities due to changes in the modules.

drooney

Thanks for the correct information Nick. My apologies Ulfiyya!

ulfiyya
      Participant

No problem. Thanks for you fellas!

ulfiyya 

ulfiyya
      Participant

Hi,

Do you heave a GTR or H 8000?

ulfiyya

drooney

Hi,

We don't sell previously owned products or directly to customers. If you are looking for previously owned Eventide products, you should check on Ebay or your local retailer that may do so.

Best of luck!

ulfiyya
      Participant

Hi, 

I mine do you heaved for your self?

But away

Where can i find the serial of grt 4000 in side the machine outside is nothing to find!

Thanks

drooney

The GTR didn't include a serial port and it is not possible to add one now, as the motherboard and operating system is not designed for one.

ulfiyya
      Participant

I mine serial number!

ulfiyya

drooney

If your GTR4000 still has the serial number that it was tagged with when it left our factory,  you should be able to find it on a silver sticker. Normally these are placed on the left panel of the unit, but you may find it on the back panel, right panel or top or bottom cover.

If you are still unable to find this sticker or tag that is clearly identified with "Eventide Inc", then at some point in this unit's history the serial number sticker was removed.

ulfiyya
      Participant

Thanks Rooney!!!

ulfiyya

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.