Metal PCB mount has come completely loose inside and rattling around

Home Forums Products Rackmount Metal PCB mount has come completely loose inside and rattling around

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      moschops
      Participant

Hi,

I went to move the H9000 today and this was rattling around inside, looked through the vents with a torch,  looks like there’s a whole load of them in there as well !

I contacted the shop I bought it from today to advise as I don’t want to invalidate the warranty.

Main reason Im writing this here is becuase I bought the H9000 for live use and if after one tiny move this happens, obviously doesn’t fill with me any confidence.

Is there a way to make these things more sturdy, also strongly advise anyone else using them live until this has been cleared up.

I thought this would be a much more robust solution to using a laptop for FX  but i think I could’ve been very wrong about that unless there are some reassuring words or solutions from Eventide?

Thank you,

Robert

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      moschops wrote:

I went to move the H9000 today and this was rattling around inside, looked through the vents with a torch,  looks like there's a whole load of them in there as well !

I contacted the shop I bought it from today to advise as I don't want to invalidate the warranty.

Hi Robert,

I don't see a picture but from your description it sounds like you might be referring to the standoffs for the expansion cards coming loose.   Please could you contact support@eventide.com and I will separately raise this issue with the production team.  We've shipped H9000s to and from trade shows over the past year or two and we thought we'd found all the potential problems with moving them around, and as far as I remember, we haven't seen this particular issue before.  The H9000 should stand up to live use and being moved around, and I apologize for this problem you have found and will make sure it's resolved soon.

mkravit

I ordered an H9000 which is arriving tomorrow. As my intent is primarily live use, and this is the second report I have read with this issue, I am very concerned.

Has this issue been resolved and how is one to know if the unit arriving this week is pre or post resolution?

Thanks.

jbamberg
        Eventide Staff
        mkravit wrote:
        I ordered an H9000 which is arriving tomorrow. As my intent is primarily live use, and this is the second report I have read with this issue, I am very concerned. Has this issue been resolved and how is one to know if the unit arriving this week is pre or post resolution? Thanks.

We have changed the production process and no longer install these parts in units that don't have expansion cards installed.

Please contact support@eventide.com and we can look up your unit.

bsfreq
        Participant
        jbamberg wrote:

We have changed the production process and no longer install these parts in units that don’t have expansion cards installed.

Please contact support@eventide.com and we can look up your unit.

Is there a specific serial number after which all the new units have the updated production process?

I’m about to buy the H9000, and would very much prefer a unit without parts coming loose. Also, I will need the MADI expansion card, so do I have to install the mounts in this one expansion slot myself, and are the mounts provided with the expansion card? (I don’t even know what these mounts look like, as there are no photos or expansion card install instructions available.)

Thank you for your reply.

jbamberg
        Eventide Staff
        bsfreq wrote:

Is there a specific serial number after which all the new units have the updated production process?

Also, I will need the MADI expansion card, so do I have to install the mounts in this one expansion slot myself, and are the mounts provided with the expansion card?

All serial numbers post 9K-00450 have the standoffs removed.  I just spoke to our production manager, and while it is unlikely that there are any units at our distributors that have this issue, it is a possibility.  I suggest that when you are ready to order, you contact us directly at support@eventide.com and let us know where you plan to order from, and we will make sure that the unit that is sent to you has the MADI card installed and any unneeded PCB standoffs removed prior to shipping.

I hope this answers your questions – please post a follow up if you need any further information.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.