Midi and Ground Control Pro

Home Forums Products Rackmount Midi and Ground Control Pro

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      mx250r

Easy question here.  Have an Eclipse running v4.01.  Got a Ground Control Pro, just need it to change presets at this point, but it doesn't do anything.  I am fairly sure I have the Ground Control setup right.  I have a 12-foot Monster 5-pin Midi cable from out on ground control to in on Eclipse, using power from the wall.  I verified Eclipse global midi set to Omni with program changes set to on.  The busy indicator on flash slot doesn't blink when I press buttons on the controller.  Do I have to setup an external controller in the Eclipse for this basic functionality?  If so, which settings should I change?  Is there a way to see the messages coming in on the Eclipse?

Thanks for your help.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You should pretty much always see the BUSY indicator flash when you receive MIDI.

This suggests that the Eclipse is not in fact receiving MIDI. First check the GC settings (can't help you there) then try a different cable. If still no good, try and connect the GC to some other equipment to see if you can make it work.

sean.e
      Participant

Note that the light indicator does not respond to incoming MIDI if you have a flash card inserted though.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Indeed.

mx250r

Good point, I tested the busy indicator by inserting a flash card to make sure the light works and it is fine, but I can't get it to light by Midi changes without a card.  I will try to control something else with Midi tonight and let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the help everyone.

dannyagogo

have you set the ground contol and the eclipse to the same midi channel.also the right midi map for the eclipse.have you tried the cable in the midi out and the thu?

mx250r

I set the ground control on channel 1 and the Eclipse to Omni.  I didn't realize I had to set a midi map.  Does the default work? 

I didn't try the cable in the out, but I did try to use the ground control for my Podxt live and it didn't seem to do anything with it either.  I wiped the memory of the ground control and that didn't help either.  Thanks for the help.

dannyagogo

when i use my rocktron all access i have to use the midi out on the pedal to the midi in on the unit im controling.also im pretty sure the GCPro is made to be set up with the GCX and has a 5 pin midi that powers the GCPro from that(5 pin not 7pin)maybe that has somthing to do with it. but that kind of unit should be able to control anything.im using a lexicon R1 and its *** cause it is specific to the G2 unit but it has a relay to change channals hope you work it out dude.DB

dannyagogo

if i set to midi map one it starts from 100! if i start from map 2 i start from 01 i have to off-set it on my controller but if that was your prob the eclipse would give you some indication that there may not be a preset there? also check all your  set up menu options like how your presets change?look for PMG .sorry i dont have mine infront of me.of for byoass and mute?

mx250r

I would be thrilled if I could change to an incorrect preset, but I see no sign of life.  Am going to try to get a new cable tomorrow.  At this point, I really hope it is a bad cable.  Thanks again for trying to help me.

Rich

mx250r

Well, definitely a bad cable.  I bought a cheap cable to test and it works with no issues at all.  Thanks again.

Rich

bazsa82
      Participant

Hi,

Hi,

I would like buy a Ground Control but the old version.

I have a question:  The Control's display writes the Eventide's info?

for example: number of preset, the name of preset

Thanks!

Best Regards!

Bazsa82

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – don't know about Ground Control, but my guess is that it doesn't write the info.

You should talk to Voodoo Labs to get information.

bazsa82
      Participant

Thanks!

I will asked….

Bazsa82

mx250r

Hi,

It definitely does not write it, you have to manually name.

bazsa82
      Participant

So I can write in the ground pedal memory?

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

On the Ground Control Pro you can edit the name of the preset and call it the same as the Eclipse preset …or any other name you like….I tended to name the presets after songs.

But I have not used an original Ground Control, only the Pro.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.