midi CC does not seem to work with my Roland FC200

Home Forums Products Rackmount midi CC does not seem to work with my Roland FC200

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Leonb

Hi,

When I press my momentary switch ( CC=65 ) with "monitor" on once in about 10 times the value rises from 0% to 51.8% or from 51.8% to 0%. I would expect it to change every time I press the switch.

Just to be sure the switch is ok, when I send Program Change messages with this switch it all works well. So, is there a sensitivity problem ( I would expect values 0% or 100% ) every time I press the switch, or is there a "hidden" page where I can tune the sensitivity ?

With my Rocktron VooduValve it works fine

Leon

Leonb

Some more information:

everytime I press the switch I see the busy-led light once, and when I release the switch again the busy-led lights once again, so that's normal I suppose. When I try it on my Voodu Valve the full range is recognised, from 0 – 127 ( 0=off, 127 = on ) so that's normal too.

I hope you can help me out, for me midi-switching is essential

Leon

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Leonb:

With my Rocktron VooduValve it works fine

Sounds like you should have a chat with Mr. Roland.

Leonb

So I got myself a FC-300 from Roland and it works ok.

I only noticed that  the monitor on Eclipse shows 100% on most switches ( as expected ) but some switches who send 127 are monitored as 98%. I can not understand that ( curious from a technical point of view ). But … it works great, I can switch bank select commands #0 on and off so I can choose between MAP en BANK mode that way. 

Happy user

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.