MIDI-controlled 8-voice vocal harmonizing?

Home Forums Products Rackmount MIDI-controlled 8-voice vocal harmonizing?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      mrdelurk

Could someone advise, what H3000 model will harmonize my vocal to a 8-voice jazz chord played on a connected MIDI keyboard.

Can I get this feature from a plain H3000, or do I need to get the never H3000 D/SE model, or a H3500 outright? I'm trying to find the most affordable Eventide unit with this feature that I can put on a record. TIA

brock
      Participant
      Quote:
      I'm trying to find the most affordable Eventide unit with this feature that I can put on a record.

Just a thought (after stumbling upon this post).  For less than $630 US (an Eventide PitchFactor pedal and an event processor), I can get any four voices.  The resulting quality on a vocal input varies from great to adequate (depending on the input and complexity of the the voicings).

Maybe this MIDI translation from MIDI notes to CC values will help out in whatever future purchase you decide on.  Here's a diagram of the concept and the original post.

mrdelurk

Hello Brock,

Thank you for the suggestion, it is quite an interesting concept indeed. These days a used H3000 (the original of the series) fetches $500-$600 on Ebay as well. I just missed winning one at $500-ish on April 15th because I overslept Big Smile

luca9583
      Participant
      brock wrote:
      Quote:
      I'm trying to find the most affordable Eventide unit with this feature that I can put on a record.

Hi Brock. Are you able to play the 4 harmonies in Quadravox on an H9 using your above method? If so, are the notes produced in the pedal the actual Midi Notes being played (like the Meris Hedra for example), or simply intervals in relation to the physically played note on the instrument being used?

Just a thought (after stumbling upon this post).  For less than $630 US (an Eventide PitchFactor pedal and an event processor), I can get any four voices.  The resulting quality on a vocal input varies from great to adequate (depending on the input and complexity of the the voicings).

Maybe this MIDI translation from MIDI notes to CC values will help out in whatever future purchase you decide on.  Here's a diagram of the concept and the original post.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.