MIDI died on H7600

Home Forums Products Rackmount MIDI died on H7600

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      J20056
      Participant

My H7600 is part of a chain that includes 2 other devices (Mesa Boogie TriAxis and SwitchBlade). Suddenly, the H7600 stopped responding to MIDI commands sent by my pedalboard AND the MIDI thru functionality no longer works. So I can't use the H7600 or even have it in the chain, because as long as it is in the chain, I cannot control other devices via Sysex. If I simply bypass the H7600 in the MIDI chain, then everything works 100%. So it is clearly the H7600, but I don't understand as it worked flawlessly all this time.

Any ideas?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sounds like you have a hardware problem. But, this is surprising, as it does not need very much to get MIDI Thru to work, and it is all pretty rugged.

Try swapping cables around first. If that fails it will need to be looked at.

J20056
      Participant

I know, very surprising, and I don't use the unit that much. The most troubling is that MIDI Thru doesn't work any more. I assume it requires extremely little. I did swap cables around, and simply bypassed the 7600 via a female-female MIDI adaptor in my chain, and everything else works like a charm.

Are there obvious tests I can run (software or hardware) or a full factory reset or else, before sending a heavy unit for repair?

J20056
      Participant

Besides MIDI Thru, the straight MIDI is GONE, no sysex message or program change does anything, AND the COM Serial interface seems also gone, as VSigfile no longer seems able to communicate with the device.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Seems unlikely that these different hardware systems would fail at the same time. You should check the MIDI/serial settings, or, better yet, try a Clear SETUP, to see if it fixes it.

J20056
      Participant

Clear Setup didnt work. What next? Is there an obvious test I can run to conclude with 100% certainty that there is a hardware failure?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.