Midi Keyboard Bank

Home Forums Products Rackmount Midi Keyboard Bank

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Dario

Hello,

I've tried to use all the presets of the Midi Keyboard bank both with my midi key and with my guitar equipped with the midi Gk connected to my roland gr-30, then its MIDI Out is connected to the MDI IN of my H8000FW.

well, I 've encountered strange behaviour in the sound and I would need to understand more.

my first question is: when I use those presets just with the midi keyboard ( with no sounds onboard of course) I don't listen any sound coming out,why?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

These presets do not generate sounds – they need an input signal. If you have a suitable input, first try using a "Thru" preset instead to make sure the signal goes through from input to output. Also, try preset 2411 to make sure the MIDI is getting to the H8000.

Dario

Hi,

I've already tried  preset 2411 and I see that the Midi is getting to the H8000, as well as the midi notes generated from my guitar midi equipped too . For instance, with the preset 2410,on the screen display, I can see the shifters changing in real time while I'm playing.

so, the signal of my guitar should be the input signal that i need to use together with these presets,right?

My curiosity is to know if some of these presets, along with the MIDI NOTE message type, are able to recognize some MIDI CC's  or Midi messages generated from my roland gr-30 too, like the HOLD, the GLIDE or the Arpeggiator functions.

Let me know,

thanks a lot

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Dario:

the signal of my guitar should be the input signal that i need to use

Depends on exactly what you are trying to do, but probably so.

It looks like these presets mainly work with MIDI note messages, but any MIDI CC can of course be used to modulate parameters – you will have to set them up, though.

Dario

Ok, now the matter is how i can set them to be modulated from MIDI CC, because in their screen menu, I'm not able to see a way to do it,

can you help me?

thanks again

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Depends what you mean by "them." See the section titled "EXTERNAL MODULATION AND TRIGGER MENU PAGES" starting on p.96 in the UM to find out how.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.