MIDI Map… additional

Home Forums Products Rackmount MIDI Map… additional

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      mb

… picking-up from my previous post:
      I see that in order for the map to work, the midi page in SETUP has to have all the correct parameters set for that function, of course.
      However, when a ROUTING is saved or updated which includes the setup page, midi isn't remembered.
      If I take my card and insert to my machine or another, am I going to find the midi map in user group 11 C?
      If I do or don't, do I have to also configyre the midi map parameters in the SETUP MIDI page?
      mb

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Saving a ROUTING does just that, so it will not save MIDI info. If you want, you can save a SETUP instead, which contains the routing and the other setup info.

If you save a user group to a card, it will remain on the card if you take the card to another machine. This means that you WILL see the MIDImap on the new machine. You may have to select the it on the SETUP/MIDI page, unless you have also loaded the SETUP from the card.

Note that a saved SETUP is not guaranteed compatible with future software updates (hard to predict the future).

mb

Thanks Nick:

I can't find info on saving a setup, it is not listed in the appendix.
      I want to make sure I fully understand your reply, but 1st, let me say that I have had to do a factory restore on this unit several times which supposedly clears/restores – to factory default settings – the setup and levels pages. After clearing the machine, internal clock is defaulted to 48k, but is not locked @ that frequency untill you load a routing or a setup. However, in my case, I had previously stored several routings to card and when I reloaded them, they were returned to the correct state which includede more than just routing…my pedal assaingmentsand certain levels parameters in the LEVELS area. In fact, I believe evrything was restored except midi. Did I miss something, I could be mistaken here.

So, If I save to card: SETUP (please state how to do this), PRESETS, USERGROUP,
      USERGROUP MIDI MAP, then I will be able to restore any H8000FW running the same OS as was in the unit used to save it?
      mb

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Loading and saving setups is covered on P.142/3 of the current manual.

A saved routing also includes the routing related gain settings. But, it is possible that when you think you are loading/saving routings you are actually doing setups instead (look at the top right of the screen – this will tell you).

You are essentially correct about saving the list of things to the card. If these are saved and later reloaded, the machine should be restored.

mb

Thank you.

Actually, in my manual, it is on pages 146/7.

Here is what I found using that proceedure:

First, it is true, holding down the program button for one second brings one to the routing page.  Now if you want to save or update a routing, don't hold – just press the program button again.

If you press and hold the program button, when on the routing page, you get to the setup page AND if you press and hold again, you get to the USERGROUPS page!!

Press and hold again, and your back to the presets

I don't think the manual makes this clear or even mentions it.

So to recap:

Pressing and holding down the program key for the 1st time brings you to ROUTING,

2nd time… SETUP,  3rd time… USERGROUPS, 4th time…back to the Presets Page.

Pressing – Not holding the program key at each of the above locations, cycles through the available saving/updating/renaming, etc functions as they apply to situation on the currently dispalyed page.

mb

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sounds reasonable – note that the Usergroups you see after SETUP are the same things as the Usergroup MIDImaps.

You may want to check that you have the latest manual – these are available on the H8000 support section of the Web Site.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.