MIDI resolution H8000fw?

Home Forums Products Rackmount MIDI resolution H8000fw?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Siem
      Participant

I've finally made some time to develope some hybrid H8000fw / Max MSP programs. It's really nice to see/hear it working.
      The Mac is connected via Firewire to the Eventide. I was wondering what the resolution of the MIDI (over Firewire) interface is – how many CC messages can I send to the H8000fw per second?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

We don't have a number for this – depends on too many things – what the messages are, how busy the H8000 is, etc.

If you send too many messages the H8000 will initially get sluggish, and then bog down to the point that some CC messages get lost.

Basically, you have to play it by ear. Sorry.

The next set of H8000 drivers (due later this year) will have improved MIDI over FireWire  performance. 

schiller
      Siem wrote:
      I’ve finally made some time to develope some hybrid H8000fw / Max MSP programs. It’s really nice to see/hear it working. The Mac is connected via Firewire to the Eventide. I was wondering what the resolution of the MIDI (over Firewire) interface is – how many CC messages can I send to the H8000fw per second?

Hi Slem, i’m definitely interested in your max msp patch to control h8000fw.. is it possible to have a screenshot? Is it possible to purchase it or to download it? Thanks for your attention

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.