Midi with Oktatrack

Home Forums Products Rackmount Midi with Oktatrack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      mtclearwave

I have successfully been able to manually (not with midi seqencer) send one midi message (parameter change) on one midi channel per track using “note on”. Does H8000FW respond to Midi CC learn? Is parameter changing limited to controlling one per channel / per track? I am not using a keyboard – does that mean i am limited to sending and recieving “note on” midi messages? Sorry i am a bit new to this midi game – i have read in both manuals about setting up midi but i still am still not seeing straight.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Does H8000FW respond to Midi CC learn?

Yes, but on the H8000 it is called MIDI Capture. See the UM for more info.

Is parameter changing limited to controlling one per channel / per track?

No, you can have as many as you want (within reason).

I am not using a keyboard – does that mean i am limited to sending and recieving "note on" midi messages?

On the contrary – the H8000 does not do much with "Note On" messages, except for a few keyboard related presets.

It mainly uses MIDI CC (Continuous Controller) – look at the manual for your MIDI setup to see how to send these, then the H8000 UM to set up MIDI Campture to make it easy to recieve them.

mtclearwave

Thank you for your tips! I got CAPTURE working and it is soooo powerful – it is so crazy when switching the pages and a whole new set of parameters kicks in. I noticed with extreme changes in vol for instance that there is sometimes a slight click. is there any way to soften this effect (glide/porta?) or generally is there a way to gradually “slide” between midi data like from -100 to 0 in the space of a 1/16 note?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Some parameters are "de-clicked,' others are not. You kinda have to find out what works by trial and error.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.