modular synths and h8000fw

Home Forums Products Rackmount modular synths and h8000fw

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      add123
      Participant

hi there

i am receiving my serge modular panels any day now, i am wondering if is it ok to plug a modular like that directly into the analog input of the h8000 ?

i know the signal from the serge is very strong, but i would like to treat the synth like how guitarists work with the eventides.

many thanks

add123:

i am receiving my serge modular panels any day now, i am wondering if is it ok to plug a modular like that directly into the analog input of the h8000 ?

i know the signal from the serge is very strong, but i would like to treat the synth like how guitarists work with the eventides.

Congratulations!  As I often say, "Once you start down the modular path, forever will it dominate your destiny!"  I haven't updated it in a while, but I have a web page about modular stuff at analognotes.com

I have a decent sized MOTM and Blacet modular myself.  The output is indeed very hot.  I always use a mult/attenuator between the modular and my H8000FW…

Same thing for a Moog Slim Phatty going into the H8000FW?  A preamp in-between?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The H8000 analog inputs will handle over +24dBU, this is almost 15V peak to peak. My guess is that the output of the modular synth is probably less than this, so a direct connection will be fine.

A few more (silly) questions…

What about a vocal mic or a guitar?

Should they go into a preamp first prior to the H8000FW?  What would the advantages/disadvantages be without the preamp?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

A mike will need a preamp to get enough level.

A guitar can be connected directly to the 1/4" sockets, but you will probably need to crank up the input gain.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.