Modulating w/ ADSR & LFOs

Home Forums Products Rackmount Modulating w/ ADSR & LFOs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      brickman

Hey Eventide , 

Just started to get into programming the H8000 , but Im having a few basic issues . Can u show me how to wire up a simple ADSR modifying filter cutoff . Which ever way I plug the two modules up , I dont get the desired effect . Same goes with LFO – filter . Greatly appreciate any help .

Thanks

razo

Something like this? (untested)

Regards

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Hi raz – can't read the file.

sif files are binary files for Windows only and pretty obsolete, so we encourage people to use the sigfile format, even though you lose a few obscure supermodule features.

razo

Ok. How can one make sure the file is saved as .sig? 

regards Ole

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You can either create it as a .sig or use "Save As".

razo

Not wanting to hijack this thread,so starting a new one about .sif/.sig format.

regards

brickman

Is there any detailed resource on programming the H8000 ? Im not having much luck , and there is a huge amount of trial and error involved in producing patches . Patch examples , detailed module overview and implementation , simple workflow diagrams & usage ?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

All we really have are the Vsigfile Help files and the Programming Manual which can be found on the Orville support page. These give some useful information and a number of simple worked examples. Beyond this, it is down to practise and study of the Factory Programs.

brickman

Hi Nick , 

I've been through the programming manual , its of very limited help in reality . For such an incredibly deep (&expensive) unit , I dont understand why the knowledge base is so limited .

A seemingly simple thing like modulating the ISWITCH control select has me bewildered , after trying various sources , Im stuck , the only way I can do it is by assigning a knob and changing the select manually . I dont think that then looking through the 1000+ presets and trying to find a patch that implements the ISWITCH is practical . I've been studying the factory presets but every time I need to understand something new or have an idea , you're telling me the best way to go about this is go through the factory presets and study them…….!!! 

Do u guys offer email support for Vsig programming ? 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I'm afraid that Vsig is not for everyone, and in particular has quite a learning curve. For this reason, it is not as heavily used as it could be, even though it offers an fairly unique capability (K*** aside).

We really are too small a company to offer the sort of in-depth support that is required to reach a broader audience, and for this I apologize. If you have specific questions, this Forum is probably be the best place to go and we will do our best to help.

At the risk of repetition, study of some of the factory programs is probably the best way to get started. Finding a Factory program that is similar to what you need and modifying it can be useful – starting from scratch will probably prove frustrating.

brickman

Hi Nick , 

Thanks for your reply . Granted Vsig isnt for everyone , but it is for me 🙂 It offers almost unlimited sound design potential and the quality is great . It seems a shame to let such opportunity go to waste .

I guess I'll be posting a lot in the coming weeks……and studying the presets .

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Thanks for your understanding. Rest assured, that if you get in deep enough to need a more direct channel, it will mysteriously become available.

Future posts on Vsig should go to

brickman

Thats mysteriously comforting .

razo

Now tested (and corrected…in silence   )

brickman

Thanks razo 🙂

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.