Momentary bypass on Eclipse possible?

Home Forums Products Rackmount Momentary bypass on Eclipse possible?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      hangnef

I have bypass working w/ my Boss footswitch (momentary) by using the external controller settings and the bypass settings for FXA.  However, even with this momentar switch, it acts as toggle.  I have the TRIGMODE set to momentary.  I’d like to be able to have wet signal when not engaged and bypass when engaged (or reversed), but the key is that holding the momentary doesn’t act as a trigger.

Is this possible?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Hopefully someone else will reply, but in case they don't, I'll look into it when Eventide re-opens.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – don't know when I'm going to get to an Eclipse.

Have you tried remoting the global wet/dry mix ? Thiat should give you what you need if it is possible.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

OK – finally got to an Eclipse. You can remote the global wet/dry mix (see UM for info).

If you set it to (say) EXT1, you can plug a footswitch into PEDAL1 and it will do what you want. You may have to fiddle with the switch wiring to get it right.

hangnef

Thank you so much, I will try this out tonight and report back!

hangnef

Spent some time on this tonight and I could not find where to assign an external controller to the global wet/dry mix.  I didn’t see it anywhere under Levels -> Wet/Dry or Setup->Externals.  I’ve been able to assign external controllers both individual effects bypass (FXA and FXB) and a global bypass, but can’t figure out where to do that for Global Wet/Dry.

Were you able to use a momentary switch and have it act as a momentary?  The manual suggests that external controllers support both types, Latched and Momentary, but they are just triggers, you can’t hold a momentary pedal and when you lift it toggles, you have to click the switch twice to go back and forth.

That’s really what I’m looking for, the ability to have the effect only be on when I’m holding down a momentary pedal.  Right now a momentary switch assigned to an external controller and set to “Momentary” acts as a toggle.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Normally at this point I would chide you gently for not reading the User Manual. But, to be fair, it is not quite as clear as it could be.

Look at Patching a Parameter to the Modulation Block’s “Modules” on page 40. it does not say so, but this approach can be used to remote almost any parameter on the unit.

To do what you want, go to LEVELS and press and hold the soft key under "wet/dry" until you see "< MODULATE".

Then press <MODULATE> to get to the modulation screen.

Turn the wheel to scroll through the controller options. Select "ext1" – unless this has been changed this will be driven by pedal 1

Then if you plug a momentary foot switch into the pedal 1 jack, you will get full wet with the switch released, and full dry (bypassed) when it is pressed.

You can make further changes as described under "External Controllers" on pages 45-47.

hangnef
      nickrose wrote:

Normally at this point I would chide you gently for not reading the User Manual. But, to be fair, it is not quite as clear as it could be.

Hehe, yeah I did read the manual in this area, multiple times as well as other sections.  It was not obvious that you could hold the button for these types of params to get to the ‘modulate’ option.  It makes sense now though.

nickrose wrote:

Look at Patching a Parameter to the Modulation Block’s “Modules” on page 40. it does not say so, but this approach can be used to remote almost any parameter on the unit.

To do what you want, go to LEVELS and press and hold the soft key under “wet/dry” until you see “< MODULATE”.

Then press <MODULATE> to get to the modulation screen.

Turn the wheel to scroll through the controller options. Select “ext1” – unless this has been changed this will be driven by pedal 1

Then if you plug a momentary foot switch into the pedal 1 jack, you will get full wet with the switch released, and full dry (bypassed) when it is pressed.

This works perfectly, thanks! 

I’m very curious as to why assigning say, external controller 1 which is my momentary footswitch, behaves as a latching switch when applied to FXA bypass, global bypass (bypass actually seemed like a tri state, wet, bypass, and no audio at all), etc.  Is that due to those being an on/off type of thing, and global wet/dry is 2 different values?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff
      hangnef wrote:

I'm very curious as to why assigning say, external controller 1 which is my momentary footswitch, behaves as a latching switch when applied to FXA bypass, global bypass (bypass actually seemed like a tri state, wet, bypass, and no audio at all), etc.  Is that due to those being an on/off type of thing, and global wet/dry is 2 different values?

This is because the controller drives the bypass switch, which is a press for on, press for off control. Whereas, as you say, wet/dry is a value, so the switch drives it directly.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.