Mono Output, How To?

Home Forums Products Rackmount Mono Output, How To?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      scottburk

Ok, so I've got the unit set up for global mono input on channel one. I can't seem to find any way to configure the unit for global mono output. Any problem with just using a "Y" connector on the outputs? I'm running through my amp's FX loop via a GCX switcher.

Thanks,
      Scott.

IDeangelis

Hi Scott

there is no configuration for mono output.

A "Y" is strongly NOT adviced as improper signal level/impedance can be a damaging result.

The best way is to use a line mixer to sum the 2 channels to mono.

Or you can edit and store your presets, making sure all fx/voices are panned to the used output.

best

scottburk

Got it. Thanks man!

ttosh

I have a GCX switching system. Is it possible to come out of one channel into one loop and the other channel into another loop and just have both loops on in a mono setup? I am running a very simple Mono setup right now.

Guitar > GCX > Loop 1 back to Cornford MK50H > FX Send into Loop 2

So basically from here I would use the loop 2 send to go into the in of channel a on eclipse and out of channel a into return on loop 2, thus bypassing the eventide with the gcx. So even though it would still be mono in serial could i send the channel b of the eclipse into loop 3 setup like loop 2 and turn on both sides simultaniously?

IDeangelis

hi

sorry…I don't understand what exactly you need to do.

To use the Eclipse in mono you'd need to route it as 2 mono fx blocks.  This requires you to program any preset ROUTING you use as DUALMONO. Obviously the choice of 2 algorithms in a preset should be made accordingly.

As for your MIDI switcher/looper….you should try….

best

ttosh

Sorry I probably was not very clear in my last post. I guess after reading your response I have a couple of questions, and I may not be understanding what DUALMONO actually means. I am going to list my questions out in bullet points and I will try to be more clear.

1.  Starting with DUSALMONO, does this mean that instead of the inputs and outputs being stereo they are both treated as mono ins/outs? If this is the case then I can come out of side A as one mono out with one Algorithm then out of side B with another both A and B in GCX loops that can be turned on and or off. If this is not the case then I would assume I would just use Side A (Mono) into my GCX loop, set the unit to DUALMONO on all of my effects blocks and the unit itself just routes each algorithm mono which is probably the correct answer.
      2. I also may not be understanding an Algorithm. Since I can have 2 of these per preset and each one can have multiple effects what are my limitations? Can one Algorithm have delay, chorus and gate? Are there certain effects that cannot be used once another effect is assigned to a block.

I hope those two questions made sense. My Eclipse is actually on the way and I am reading through the documentationa and trying to understand as much as possible right now as I am switching out a G Major for the Eclipse and trying to go through what I will have to modify configuration wise, etc….

IDeangelis

Eclipse  is a dual FX blocks unit; it has Block A and Block B. The unit offers a number of about 100 algorithms, being these the factory structures you can tweak to create your own presets. A preset may use a single block or both. Each block can load an algorithm. The same algorithm can also be loaded in both blocks.

ROUTINGS are the audio paths between input(s) – FX Blocks – Outputs.

The internal routings are:

PARALLEL- each block is in parallel to the other and each has stereo I/O

DUAL – input 1 feeds block A while input 2 feeds block B. Both blocks are outputted in stereo

DUALMONO – each block is separate and runs on mono I/O

XFADE – only block A is available. Use this when you want instant preset switching  with cross_fade_acle presets (these use max 50% unit resources).

Your questions.

-Yes, DUALMONO configures in 1 >block A >out1 and in 2>block B >out 2, both as 2 fully indipendent MONO engines. Yes, you can use 2 loops to manage these 2 FX blocks, +provided+ you ALWAYS create your preset with DUALMONO routing.

-limitations obviously are those implied by the algorithms structures. Eclipse is not an "fx by the dozen" product…rather a HI-QUALITY 4 or 5 effects unit whose sound makes a huge difference. You could load a 4 voice modelay algorithm in machine A to get a stero chorus and a stero flanger and a delay+verb in machine B…to get a 4 effects structure. Not all combinations are possible and you should plan things ahead. Some effects may be huge and could not run if a similar (big) effect is already loaded. You'll see this on the display.

best

ttosh

Thanks, those were the answers I needed.

Tim 

scottburk

I, can I use a combiner such as this, to produce a mono signal?

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SplitComPro/

IDeangelis

No, I wouldn't use it.

The only device we suggest is a real mixer.

best

scottburk

K.  Thanks. 

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.