Move data between 2 x H9000R’s

Home Forums Products Rackmount Move data between 2 x H9000R’s

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Jago_Marris
      Participant

I am very lucky to take delivery of a 2nd H9000R.

I have owned my first one since 2019 and have built up large amount of custom chains, also etc. I want to move them all to the new machine.

I ran the data dump from my older H9000R to usb disk. But how do I import the back up on the new machine? The only way I could see is to drop them on my computer hard drive and load them up one at a time. I know on the H9000 there is an import all function. What is the option for H9000R users?

Thanks

Jago

Matthias Adloff
      Participant

I would be interested in an answer, too. Because if we have the option to dump the data before a FW update… how would we import that back?

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Congratulations on the new H9000R!

Unfortunately, there is currently no way to import data in batches using Emote, so when using an H9000R you will have to import your presets one at a time. Using the front panel you can choose to import all from the USB drive. We plan on improving this process to make it easier to backup and restore an H9000 using Emote. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jago_Marris
      Participant

Congratulations on the new H9000R! Unfortunately, there is currently no way to import data in batches using Emote, so when using an H9000R you will have to import your presets one at a time. Using the front panel you can choose to import all from the USB drive. We plan on improving this process to make it easier to backup and restore an H9000 using Emote. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks. But yes when you have two H9000R’s there is no import function. Could this please be considered as an option of Emote in the future to be able to import/restore from backup.

Thanks

Jago

Jago_Marris
      Participant

Just to add.

Importing Algo’s sends me to my user folder. I then have to navigate to the right folder each time a load each algo. Very slow process.

Importing FX chains each time sends me to the Algorithm folder I have created? And each time I have to re-navigate to the correct folder to load each chain, then save it to the new H9000R. Considering I have about 300+ fx chains to load one at a time……..So far done a about 10 chains and got fed up. It’s a job for a very rainy day.

Im sure I am in a minority here. But please please please do consider the exchange of data between two H9000R’s for future release. This is painful.

Jago_Marris
      Participant

And to also add. The data dump does not include all the fx chains I have on my H9000R. Only 66 appear in the dump . When there are hundreds of custom fx chains on the H9000R. Why is it so selective?

Sorry but this is now frustrating. I guess its time to raise some tickets?

Jago_Marris
      Participant

Figures out the issue with the data dump. Any fx chain with “:” in the name is omitted from the data dump.

I name my chains usually with “JM:”  at the beginning so its easy to locate my presets.

It seems that some are named “JM” and these appear in the data dump. All the ones with “JM:” are ignored.

Beta testing done for the day………Hope this is also a quick fix?

Jago_Marris
      Participant

In fact any session, fx chain or algo containing “:” is ignored from the data dump.

So please be careful preset naming is very sensitive on certain characters.

This has been logged with support, plus the other issues I have found above.

Thanks.

Matthias Adloff
      Participant

Please bear with Eventide. Like most top notch audio manufacturers, they are a small company, they always do their very best (which is: the best!) and yes, your inquiry is indeed special. But legit.

While waiting for Eventide to fix this issue: I see the bulk dump actually DOES contain the “:”, but it’s not shown when importing. So if you update all entries in the column ‘NAME’ in the ‘FXCHAIN_TABLE’ from the dump directly it works. The colon character is always problematic though, but if TRIM doesn’t work (I’m not sure with SQLite), you must try a subselect and then replace the colon with something else or just ”.

Jago_Marris
      Participant

Thanks Matthias.  Sure this is the first major issue I have found since owning from 2019. And yes it’s a fantastic instrument with constant improvements.  What is SQLlite? I’m a musician not a computer operator. This sounds a bit above my head.

Matthias Adloff
      Participant

Hey Jago,

SQLite is the database that the H9000 uses. Please forgive me, I always forget that 99% of all people are not directly into programming stuff.

I recommend not to waste your time finding a solution neither with importing everything manually nor digging into the database. Just wait for Eventide, I’m sure they’ll come up with a solution, as they always do. I just took a quick look into their dump structure, and it all looks very well designed. That means that unlike some other synths manufacturers, they should have no issues providing a solution soon. And if they have… well, the colon seems to be especially problematic, at least in terms of the database query language.

Jago_Marris
      Participant

Agree. Now I understand the temporary limitations I can learn to work around them. Thanks for your advice. Much appreciated. I have good faith in Eventide to get on top of the data dump issue. The rest as they say is ‘gravy’

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.