multiple H8000FW’s and one EVE/NET remote

Home Forums Products Rackmount multiple H8000FW’s and one EVE/NET remote

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      tmoravan
      Participant

The EVE/NET manual shows the steps necessary for creating a cable with a splitter for connecting multiple 8000's to a single remote.  However, looking around at the various RJ45 splitters leaves me wondering which one actually works?

So, for anyone that has made such a cable, do you have a specific brand of splitter that worked?  Or did you just hardwire a branch?

The reason for asking is that not all splitters seem to be created equal.  Some split the 8 wires into 2 groups of 4 (probably not what I need), while others seem to have problems in regular network configurations (based on the reviews/feedback).

thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

These seem to be getting harder to find – I'll see if we can locate some and put them on the Eventide Store.

The ones we use are beige  plastic ones that were available from Radio Shack in the past (but not any more). They have no maker's name, and are simple 8-way Y connectors. As an alternative, you could, as you say, hardwire a branch, but you would want to keep the "stub" length short.

There are a lot on eBay (Search "RJ45 splitter") but we'll have to test some to see which are good.

sprawl

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread but i am looking for a y splitter as well.
      I have an orville and just got a second one with remote. Can someone recomend a splitter from amazon?
      Thanks!

tmoravan
        Participant
        Sprawl wrote:
        Sorry for resurrecting this old thread but i am looking for a y splitter as well. I have an orville and just got a second one with remote. Can someone recomend a splitter from amazon? Thanks!

This is what I bought back in 2011 from Amazon: 

Insten RJ45 CAT 5 6 LAN Ethernet Splitter Connector Adapter PC

and it worked fine.  I also bought a 1 foot ethernet cable to connect the 2 units.  The big thing to do is the internal jumpers/settings if I remember correctly.  I don’t think you can just chain them.

sprawl

Thanks man. I just ordered one of these. 

The jumper settings are very well explained in the Eve/Net manual. 

The last Orville in the cain needs to be terminated and grounded. All others in the chain need to have the terminator jumper, fuse and ground removed.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.