Need a resistor value for Eclipse

Home Forums Products Rackmount Need a resistor value for Eclipse

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      GC Amps

I spent $2,000.00 for a new Eclipse some years ago. One morning I flipped my equipment on, but the Eclipse failed to light up. After opening it and checking for visible problems, I discovered that R1416 was burned. Unable to find schematics on the Internet, I contacted the factory. They absolutely refused to share the resistor value or a copy of the unit’s schematics.

I’ve been repairing my own equipment for decades (to assure it’s done right). To date, my Eclipse investment has been a loss. It never paid for itself. It remains in an equipment rack today, in hopes that I’ll one day come across its schematic drawings.

The resistor is mounted near the rear of the main board, as shown in the image. With a set of schematics, I can get this unit running again like new.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

R1416 is a 10 ohm resistor.

Worryingly, it is connected between the chassis and signal grounds – this suggests that you have had a major grounding issue or lightning strike, which has probably caused further damage. Just changing the resistor is unlikely to fix the unit – you may need to send it in.

GC Amps

Thank you, Nick. The resistor value will get me started.

GC Amps

Nick, I don’t disagree that the resistor failure is likely a symptom of the real problem. Thus, the reason I requested schematics in order to properly repair my unit. I repair electronic equipment for a living; I don’t send any of it out for service. Knowing the resistor’s value is helpful, though. Thank you, again.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff
      GC Amps wrote:

Thank you, Nick. The resistor value will get me started.

Alas, as mentioned, the resistor is not your problem.  There will be more.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.