New Eq

Home Forums Products Rackmount New Eq

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      millertime
      Participant

I see Eventide just came out with a new Eq plugin…

ive been thinking about this for months. The Eq’s in the H9000 seem to me to be way outdated. Considering the power we have in this unit can we get a state of the art EQ?

thank you

mediahawk
      Participant

Just my thoughts! Would be awesome to see in my H9000.

Thanks in advance Eventide. 🙂

joeydego
      Participant

+1

millertime
      Participant

this eq interface is horrible. I mean with all the power we have this is the best we can do?Screenshot 2021-11-13 192159

millertime
      Participant

this one actually worked great with the dinosaurs…lol  someone point me too a great Parametric eq in the 9000

ThreeFingersOfLove
      Participant

Indeed the UI looks crap – like most of the plugins and Emote.

joeydego
      Participant

Best I know Eventide never had cartoon like GUIs, they were always down and dirty and utility based.

millertime
      Participant

For me its not boring vs cartoon. Theres got to be a better way for control.  Look at the new EQ plugin they just came out with . They should start at the top (H9000) down. Not the bottom up. The evolution of this box it way to slow for me..

it’s like having a muscle car with a huge engine in it but you can’t put any gas in it to run

Puppeteer
      Participant

I’d rather have a clean, efficient and useable panel than something cluttered with eye candy that slows down the unit, or that negatively impacts usability.

Ear candy is the priority. I’m good with a utilitarian, consistent and effective look.

J20056
      Participant

How about one like the Logic Pro X Channel EQ where you can have 8 “controls”, either set as low pass and high pass, then notch or shelf, and obviously for each st the frequency, and either Q or slope. It is sort of absurd to have to put two filter algos in series to get low pass, then high pass, then put a standard EQ in series as well to get parametric. That’s using 3 algos and a clumsy interface instead of one nice algo, If I had the time, I’d take a shot at it with VSig but not gonna happen.

millertime
      Participant

That sounds nice   Something new and updated would be great..

J20056
      Participant

I also just saw the new $99 SplitEQ plugin. The interface is *exactly* what I’m talking about and looks awesome. I’m not sure what the “Split” term means, and maybe it’s more powerful functionality, but that interface looks exactly like what is needed in the H9000.

I have to agree with the original post and wonder why someone can spend $99 to get a great EQ in a DAW and yet the owner of a H9000 cannot get anything that resembles it. Clearly the H9000 cannot display that type of interface, although Emote probably could, but there should be a way to load an algo equivalent of the plugin and display the same parameters with the style of the H9000/H9000R and Emote style so that at least we can get the functionality.

Seems a bit unfair…

J20056
      Participant

Expanding on this further, it feels like Eventide should build a plugin H9000 interface as software (Emote-Plugin?), whereby you can load the algo representation of the plugin through the H9000, and have it display in Emote-Plugin the same way it would display in a DAW, but without a DAW. This would allow Eventide to deploy all their new plugins as part of the H9000 hardware and as long as they offer the algo conversion of the plugin for free to H9000 owners, it would make it more appealing for users to buy a H9000. Sort of the same idea as buying a H9 Max and get all the new algos for free when released.

millertime
      Participant

I agree.  I don’t understand why we are not being offended new and updated algorithms for this beast. I would love to get more tone carving algorithms. My self I’m not interested in pedal emulation

J20056
      Participant

I think the main problem is the GUI as anything is possible as a plugin but not on a H9000. I have a H9000R, so to me, Emote GUI is all I know, and it could certainly be expanded to be displaying things like the SplitEQ plugin GUI does, or that of a DAW window. It’s probably a heavy lift for Eventide, but it would allow them to seamlessly develop algos that can be deployed either via plugins, standalone pedals or on the H9000 platform. The future!!!!

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.