New Owner with Questions –

Home Forums Products Rackmount New Owner with Questions –

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      flybywire

Hi everyone,

This is my first official post and i'm still stuck on the initial setup of my unit.  I just purchased my new eventide unit a couple days ago but previously i DL'ed the PDF files to try and brief myself on the unit before it had arrived – I thought I understood it, but I humbly now realize my lack of knowledge regarding the unit. I am devoting the entire day to learning the eventide, and I hope that with the help of this forum, I will get over the learning curve on my unit and hear what it is capable of doing 🙂 

I did try and search for some info on this, but the results didn't seem to address my question, but I apologize if this has been asked before.

To start here is my setup:

PC – vista 32
      & 64 bit – but using 32 currently. 

Daw – Cubase5 (full version + updated to v5.1)

Yamaha Motif xs 8  connected firewire (daisy chained) to a –

Steinberg MR816csx firewire to PC. 
      – this works because they both use the yamaha/steinberg FW driver- one of the few firewire setups that allows for multiple devices – assuming they share the same FW driver- which these do.

The MR816csx has  eight 1/4 inputs-  + optical adat in / out , sp/dif / word clock etc.  

The way my MR816 is configured is-

a mic in Input 1

2,3,4 are empty

5/6 -a Korg M3-M (module)

7/8 – motif XS 8 analog (tho this is a redundant setting only for when i'm not using the firewire audio inputs)

I currently have the optical adat cables in/ out on MR816 into the Eventide h8000FW. 

Tho i'm still not seeing a signal coming into the eventide.  In the initial setup I used the adat A-B preset, tho i'm still getting anything that indicates that an audio signal has reached the Eventide. I'm wondering if I have possibly missed some important step in the eventide setup?  

First off, i'd like to just see / test if the optical cables are even sending a signal, then next, i'd like to take another step and send my mic (connected to the MR816 analog in 1) out via the optical adat into the eventide, and return in (via adat) to the MR816, and into cubase5.  I know most of this routing will be done in cubase 5

I've set my Mr816 settings in the PC for adat, and I think i've made the correct VST connections (aka bus settings) but i'm still lost.  which leads me to believe that I might not have the eventide setup correctly.  Perhaps I am mistaken that by using the adat preset A -B that all of the machine settings would be initialized and ready.

Thanks in advance for  your help and reply,

-Flybywire!   

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.