New Tap Tempo Issue!

Home Forums Products Rackmount New Tap Tempo Issue!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Frank Pearl
      Participant

Hi there

I'm an Eclipse V4.01 user. I use it with a Ground Control Pro. I use the channel 2 on GCP and Midi Channel 2 on the Eclipse. 

I programmed 3 IA switches on GCP: 1 for the tap tempo ( ext.1 – source: midi single – channel: base + 3 – CNTRL 68) 1 for FXA Bypass (ext.2 – source: midi single – channel: base + 1 – CNTRL 70 – Triggered ON/OFF – sense reverse) and 1  for FXB Bypass (ext.3 – source: midi single – channel: base + 2 – CNTRL 63 – Triggered ON/OFF – sense reverse). 

They work fines. I succeed to tap the tempo and to bypass the effects.

This is my issue. Everytime i tap the tempo when i'm playing, I can no longer hear the effects. It 's like every time I tap the tempo the eclipse was going to bypass. To rectify this I have to reload the preset. If I tap again, you hear only the dry signal.

I tried to fix the memory, to reset the eclipse, to return to factory default. Always the same problem. Any Solution??

thank you

Frank Pearl

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

My guess is that if you pick different ext numbers, the problem will go away. Ext1-4 are often pre-programmed into the effects, so will be doing more than you think. Try ext5 and above.

Frank Pearl
      Participant

Thank for the fast answer.

I followed your advice, using EXT5, and EXT6 and  EXT7 but the problem remain the same. It's like i have a dry guitar sound after i tap with GCP. Crying

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

What preset does this happen with. (Give numbers for 1 or 2, even if it is all of them).

Do you get the same effect with the TAP button ?

Frank Pearl
      Participant

well i 'm using the preset n°255 and no problem with the tap button: it works fine.

another issue: when i change preset, like Ballerina, the eclipse charges the preset but i can't hear the effect. Always after i push the load button (soft key), it works fine.

Why this?? 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Frank Pearl:

when i change preset, like Ballerina, the eclipse charges the preset but i can't hear the effect. Always after i push the load button (soft key), it works fine.

How are you changing the preset ? If you select a preset from the front panel you ALWAYS have to hit <LOAD> to hear it.

Frank Pearl
      Participant

i change presets always with my GCP

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.