Newbie H9000R i/o question

Home Forums Products Rackmount Newbie H9000R i/o question

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Badaboom
      Participant

Just got my H9000R and have a question about the digital I/O.

If i understand correctly, the H9000 can process up to 4 FX chain, so max 8 ins and outs. If that’s the case, what advantage does one have by going Dante or USB, 32 channels (16 ins and outs) ?

My AD/DA is a DAD32X that communicates to my DAW via Dante (Focusrite PCIe Rednet). For now, the H9000R is pluged into the DAD 32X via AES DB25 but i was woundering what advantage i would have from going Dante on the H9000R.

Thanks,

Matthias Adloff
      Participant

Each chain can have up to 32 I/O, 8 per algorithm x 4. So (in theory) you may use a whopping 128 channel inputs/outputs in total.

This is not a really useful scenario except for possibly some FOH tasks, but it would work.

IMHO using 32 channels is a very reasonable usage of the DSP power for a stereo (2.0) setup. You can use 16 algorithms with stereo input/output in parallel then – more than sufficient even for bigger setups. For 5.1, you would aim at 96 channels probably (if really all algorithms use 5.1; if not, 64 may well be sufficient).

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Hello Badaboom, and congratulations on your new H9000R!

If i understand correctly, the H9000 can process up to 4 FX chain, so max 8 ins and outs.

The answer to this question depends on the I/O of your unit. In reality, each effects chain has up to 32ch channels of I/O. For example, say you run four 8-channel algorithms per FX Chain. That’s how you get 32. 32×4 is 128 channels! Obviously, to achieve these counts, you’d have to  invest in expansion MADI/Dante cards and use all the available I/O on the back panel.

If that’s the case, what advantage does one have by going Dante or USB, 32 channels (16 ins and outs) ?

Precisely. That, and using USB/Dante/Madi/ProTools, you can get to 96K.

i was woundering what advantage i would have from going Dante on the H9000R. Thanks,

Anytime you can get H9000R on a network you can route audio anywhere in your studio that supports Dante. Likewise, any instruments on the network can easily be routed to the H9000R. Also, higher track counts and higher sample rates.

Thank you for your questions.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.