No ADAT input signal.

Home Forums Products Rackmount No ADAT input signal.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      PedroPower

I've had my H8000FW for about 2 weeks and cannot for the life of me get the ADAT input to work. I used the routing preset ADAT A-B and set the main inputs to ADAT in 1-8. I have checked my ADAT cables work properly and there is definitely a signal being sent to the Eventide.I have set the clock to ADAT.

If I switch Main Inputs to analogue 1 everything works (as I have analogue inputs connected as well) and the input LED lights up. No matter what I do I cannot get the input LED to light up when using ADAT to feed in the audio signal.

Help would be most appreciated!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

There is a bug in the current shipping version (fixed in beta update 5.6B2 available from our Web Site) that causes the unit not to initially clock to ADAT.

To see if this is the problem, switch the clock source to something else, then switch it back again and see if ADAT shows LOCKED.

Otherwise, make sure that your ADAT connectors are not too bulky – the connectors are quite close and bulky plugs may not be able to push in properly.

PedroPower

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have slim ADAT connectors and they clip in to the ADAT ports on the back on the H8000FW. I can recieve ADAT signals from the Eventide but it doesn't seem to accept them. Like I said, the input LEDs don't light up.

I checked the clock and it says that ADAT is 'unlocked'. I upgraded the production software on the Evenitde but still have the same problem.

Sorry, I'm probably missing something obvious…

wilkinsi
      Participant

I overlooked the same thing on the Eclipse. Both source and clock must be set correctly.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If the clock is set to ADAT and it shows unlocked, assuming you have checked for the bug I mentioned earlier, you either have a bad source, or a bad cable or a bad H8000.

Double check your connections – this is the most likely issue. Make sure that you can see red at the end of the ADAT cable.

You can do a simple check of the H8000 by setting it to 48k internal clock and connecting the "ADAT in" to the "ADAT out" – it should then show "ADAT locked". If not, contact support@eventide.com

PedroPower

Thanks heaps Nick. I have sorted it out, it was my stupidity. Thanks for your help. Onwards and upwards!!!

PedroPower

Yeah, woops. Thanks for helping!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.