No continuous levels on new H8000FW

Home Forums Products Rackmount No continuous levels on new H8000FW

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      zap
      Participant

So the unit was working for a while, and then as soon as I went into the criteria for sorting, there was no more sound.  Went back to routings to analog and Spd-f – and then just brief spurts of a test tone and then nothing sounds.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It's almost certainly a routing or gain issue. Try some the factory routings and see what happens.

If you think it is a hardware problem, contact support@eventide.,com

zap
      Participant

oh thats ok, i figured something out…. this was just at the beginning so that you know when people first get something they just want to delve through all the sounds before reading the manual.

the other thing is, the unit gets hot pretty fast.   is this normal?  My axe fx does not get that hot, only a bit warm after an hour of use.

i am just wondering, i hope i will be able to use this as stereo and not just 5.1.   Just to make it act like a couple of 7600s for whem my guitar goes in mono and can come out to converted stereo for FX… and same for the vocalist.   Is this possible?  (Yes I know I have to read the manual but I am just asking for now).   And also – is the tap function possible to be "per preset" rather than global?

thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You do have to read the manual, but you know this …

H8000's run hot because they have a lot of stuff in them, and audio gear doesn't have noisy fans. Sorry.

Depending on the presets and the routing, you can run the H8000 as multiple stereo effects. For example, there are single presets with 4 stereo reverbs, and you can run two at a time.  But, many of the effects are stereo or multiuchannel (e.g. 5.1).

Once you get experienced with Vsig, you can often combine smaller effects to give a wide range of combinations.

zap
      Participant

Ok, well a more severe issue (aside from the fatal reboot errors)  at this point is that the Tempo does not save with the preset.  I modded my presets to sound exactly like I want to a tempo i want and the tempos did not save.

What good are such amazing FX if the utility in this machine is not flexible?  In my axe FX I can choose whethr I want the tempo to be "per preset" or  "global".

If I switch to a certain preset live that is at a wrong global tempo – this will be somewhat unpleasing to spectators.

In addition, on some effects – a tempo change simply has no effect.  so if I want to have a custom sequencer coming in (either the one I am hiring somebody for – or an external one sending incoming CC data) , on the effects which are based on numerical cycles rather than relative rhythmical ones, is there more of an intuitive way to make the cycle ones fixed to rhythmical resolutions?  Because my incoming sequencer cannot be that intelligent to know which portion of the cycle to stop at so that its rhythmic… same if I use a pedal – to – rate that is not rhythmically-based resolution.   

I will stop there assuming you know what I am talking about.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.