No Files Area Here?

Home Forums Products Rackmount No Files Area Here?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      tacman77

Is that right?

I could setup a website for Eclipse users to share presets, unless there is one that I'm not aware of.

Could I get a link here? 

Uli
      Participant

That'd be very nice to have a site somewhere to share presets. Obviously Eventide doesn't want it here – as Italo stated.

I'd be very interested.

cheers,
      uli

icebear

I'd be very interrested too!!

tacman77

I'll put something together, I have a php script around here somewhere to upload files.

Not shure what the best method would be as far as file types. PGM and .txt files for descriptions, maybe zip files if people want to put the pgm and txt together in one file.

Descriptions would be nice to have. 

Hi there !

I think it's a great idea too !!! 

ruffrecords

I have started a Yahoo group for Eclipse users which includes a file area where people can swap patches. Check it out here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/eclipse-users

Cheers

Ian 

IDeangelis

Hi everybody

the new Eventide forums are still under work and we will offer an area with such functions.

Plese consider Eventide does *not* support Eclipse patches sharing as this may cause harm to the unit.

best

ruffrecords

OK, it seems there must be more than one way of 'sharing' patches. Clearly Eventide supports patch sharing through swapping memory cards – it says so in the manual. And if someone describes in words how they set up a patch then someone else can copy that too and share the patch without harming the Eclipse. So there must be other ways of sharing that might harm the Eclipse. Can you specify exactly what these are so we can avoid them?

Cheers

Ian 

IDeangelis

Ian

any other method other than swapping cards or providing typed settings is simply not supported. Anything including the use of computers, internet and other similar procedures is not supported. This has been described for long time on our previous forums on Yahoo, EventideHelps. People had an area for presets sharing anyway but Eventide was not part of the action.

The use of informatics means to share Eclipse presets is prone to corruption of files or even modifications of them that might require the unit to come back for reprogramming.

all the best

ruffrecords

IDeangelis:

Ian

any other method other than swapping cards or providing typed settings is simply not supported. Anything including the use of computers, internet and other similar procedures is not supported.

OK, now I am confused. What about midi/serial dumping of a program as described on page 50 of the manual?

Cheers

Ian 

IDeangelis

Tan

that's surely safer than messing with card files. The point is that most people don't like SysEx.

best

ruffrecords

IDeangelis:

that's surely safer than messing with card files. The point is that most people don't like SysEx. 

OK, but are you saying it is supported? 

Also, is it correct that if you save a single patch via midi/serial then reload it via midi/serial, if the reload goes wrong all that is affected is that one patch or can this lock up/ damage the Eclipse? 

Cheers

Ian 

IDeangelis

It's supported as long as it is your personal backup. It's not supported when it becomes a way to exchange presets as there are too many variables for us to manage (different softwares/OS/computers/midi cards/etc.)

If you download a preset to your computer via MIDI (can't do via serial) and you try to reload it without success, you shouldn't worry about the unit. the preset may be corrupted and won't cause any problem to the unit.

What +can+ cause problems is getting presets from the cards as these are text files that might be edited. This can cause problems to the unit and should be avoided.

ruffrecords

OK, so to summarize, messing with the data on the cards is a big NO NO. Just use them to back up your own presets – end of story.

Dumping a preset via midi is OK, as is restoring it via midi. The worst that can happen is the restore fails and that preset does not work.

If anyone wants to swap patches via midi dump/reload they do so at their own risk but the worst they can do it screw up a single preset.

Is that a fair summary?

Cheers

Ian

IDeangelis

I would say yes!

ruffrecords

Excellent! Thanks for your time, patience and understanding.

Cheers

Ian 

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.