No output using ADAT?

Home Forums Products Rackmount No output using ADAT?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      vabigone

Hi, Trying to use my h8000fw with adat output but no signal.

using TEST PRESET,  6212 "Dig Sig Gen 4" for example just to get signal into my stereo using light pipe cable..

Basically just want to run the eventide through my Hi-Fi

OS 5.5

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Don't know quite what you are trying to do. If you are suspicious of the H8000's ADAT outputs, try connecting them to the ADAT inputs and see if you get anything. Be sure that you understand the routing first.

vabigone

Hi Nick, So i get a signal when going from adat out to adat in on the H8000FW.

Just trying to send the adat output to my sound card and/or my stereo reciever.

Using routing# 12 ADAT A-B..

I would like to use my Maton Acoustic pluged into ANA1and2(split) to ADAT out 2ch @ 48khz to reciever.

Just a simple way to play at home without the amps and wiring to mess up the house.

Problem is clearly at my end, just never had any probs before using optical cables with my PC sound card or my RECIEVER..

Ive just bought a firewire cable so will try that when it gets here, in the meantime would be good to sort out this problem.

Thanks for your time

-Cam

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Silly question, but are you sure that your sound card input is ADAT, rather than optical SP/DIF, which uses the same connector ?

vabigone

Thanks again Nick, that will explain things.. Was not aware there was a difference.

My Bad!

Is the Firewire 6 or 4 pin or can it use both?

Will the OS5.5 work with Vista?

-Cam

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

vabigone:

Is the Firewire 6 or 4 pin or can it use both?

6 pin

vabigone:

Will the OS5.5 work with Vista?

yes

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.