- This topic is empty.
January 20, 2012 at 9:30 pm #108352zoomexParticipant
help on h8000fw V5.6B1
Las t week I upgrade my old 192Show More...
to the new Avid HD i/oShow Less...
I’m working on Protools 10 mac
When I try to sync my h8000fw
with protools (AES/EBU) AES/EBU 8 track AB I hear a distortion from eventide
Is there any report about this
issue or maybe I’m the first one that notice.
Please let me know if this
problem comes from the new Avid hardware or maybe I m doing something wrong .
I have the h8000fw for 5 years
it never happened to me. and I know the routing routine atc…
So please let me know if I need
to downgrade to the old ver operation system on h8000fw
January 20, 2012 at 10:03 pm #123070nickroseModeratorEventide Staff
Unfortunately, could be many things. A few questions:
1) If you run your Protools without connecting to the H8000, do you get the distortion ? If no, it is not the Avid I/O. If yes, it is not the H8000.
2) Have you installed the latest beta drivers ? These are also needed for Lion.
3) You say you are using the AES routing. What have you set as the H8000 sync source ?
4) Are the connected AES lines showing as "locked" on the H8000 ?
5) Does the Firewire show as "locked" on the H8000 ?
5) What are the AES lines connected to ? Are there any other digital inputs connected to the H8000 ?
You should not rush to down grade, both because V5.6 is probably not the problem, and also because it is needed for Lion.
January 21, 2012 at 11:29 pm #123071zoomexParticipant
thanks for your advice! i reinstall the new driver and
it works good.
i dont understand why do i have to installi this driver if i'm not
using firewire???in the eventide control theres nothing no device!
can you tell me why?
January 23, 2012 at 5:39 pm #134178nickroseModeratorEventide Staff
Sorry – you give me no information (see my previous reply). Hard for me to be of help.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.