Noise on Pitch Programs

Home Forums Products Rackmount Noise on Pitch Programs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      bobhumbucker

My Eclipse has this problem: Almost all of the Pitch programs (158 Auto Correct, 166 – 168, 184 – 186 ) and all Diatonic harmonizers like 4th + 6th have a loud scratchy noise like when you insert a cable into a turned on amplifier as soon as I play a note. I think that it is bad sync or aliasing during the pitch shifting process. Has any one ever had this problem? The reverbs and delays sound fine. I have set the clock to internal, turned off digital in, and reset and cleared memory. the only thing left is to download the latest OS and install it. i'm not the original owner, so i don't know the history. Please Help. Thanks.

IDeangelis

Bob

Eclipse pitch shifting works fine. You need a few details to be properly set:

-right connection of XLR or 1/4" according to type of signal (balanced/unbalanced +4dB line level vs. unbalanced -10/20dB instrument level)

-monophonic audio source. It won't shift chords.

-low note should be set to the lowest note the unit should expect to process. For a guitar that would be an E2 or D2 for whammy work.

best

I

bobhumbucker

Hi

I tried your suggestions, but no luck.I switched from balanced XP unbalanced TS, adjusted the levels, tried mono input instead of two channels. If mono is required, does the unused channel input o be turned off? Maybe noise is entering the pitch block and causing the problem. The noise will persist in a non-cyclic fashion even after all input has ceased. I will update the OS tomorrow. Again, has anyone else ever had this problem? Thanks.

IDeangelis

Bob

this is a unknown problem.

If level is not hot enough, pitch shifting may behave incorrectly. This is also tied to the proper type of connection according to the signal level at input stage (XLR for +4dB line level/ 1/4" jacks for -10dB instrument level).

How many leds are lighting up on the front panel?

You don't need any change between mono and stereo setups to make pitvh shifting work correctly.

best

I

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.