noob.. DSP700 question

Home Forums Products Rackmount noob.. DSP700 question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      nadasonic

Hi all,

I recently got a second hand DSP7000 – brilliant! Big Smile

just one question… whenever I turn it on the output levels are set at -90db (always!) and each time I have to remember to go to the levels page and set them back to 0db or I don't get any sound..!

Is there any way I can save my setup 'on exit', as it were, so that it powers up with the settings (ie. output levels) the way I left them?

nice one!

cheers, steve.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Glad you like it !  The levels should be saved automatically. It is possible that the internal battery is gone, although you would probably have other issues were this the case. First thing to try ..

nadasonic

thanks Nick – good point.. but i'm not experiencing any other anomalies (well, not that i know of – i'm not exactly a 'power user' just yet!) – what other signs would there be if the internal battery was dead (or on it's way out)?

cheers.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If the battery was failing you'd be getting at the minimum "checksum" errors, and general problems with saved programs and settings.

nadasonic

Thanks again for your help Nick, I'm afraid I'm not sure what a checksum error is..Embarrassed, but the unit DOES save my 'bank' where I've collected my fave presets – I'd imagine that would disappear if the battery wasn't working, right?

Steve.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If you have checksum issues, you'll get a warning message telling you. So, if you don't see it you're OK.

nadasonic

Yay! I just read in the manual about 'clear setup', to return to factory defaults.

Done.

Problem solved!!

Thanks again for your kind attention Nick.

All the best,

Steve

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.