Noob question on guitar connections

Home Forums Products Rackmount Noob question on guitar connections

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      smcbutler
      Participant

I’m a new H9K owner and am trying to connect it to my stereo guitar rig. I have a Lehl splitter and am sending a copy of my guitar signal to 2 Henriksen Jazz 10 amps. These amps have a TRS connector for the FX send/return.

For each amp I’m trying to use a TRS 1/4″ jack -> 2 XLR connectors into the L/R channels of the H9K (ie: a “Y” cable) but i’m not getting any signal into the H9K from what I can tell. Can anyone straighten out this noob? Thx

Given To Fly
      Participant

Henriksen Amplifiers are pretty cool. They are also different from most guitar amplifiers. If you are able to upload a clear image(s) showing how you have made the connections, that might be helpful to the Eventide employees. Sometimes pictures work best.

For example, who makes the large, square, black chip in the center of the image of this opened H9?  

https://com-eventide-drupaluserfiles.s3.amazonaws.com/users/u10029/IMG_0475.png

Without the photo, my question would be much harder to answer. In your case, photos may not help, but I am positive they won’t hurt because the people helping you will be seeing what you are seeing rather than imagining what you are describing. Congrats on the H9000 and welcome to the forum. yes

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Hi GTF

This may not be helpful, but I am obliged to reply, since you asked.

The chip is the DSP. It was made by Motorola, then Freescale and now NXP.

Next week, who knows.

The symbol on your photo shows that this one was Freescale.

Imagine how difficult it is for us to deal with all these changes.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.