Orville “ERROR: cannot update this preset. Do not use it – inform factory.”

Home Forums Products Rackmount Orville “ERROR: cannot update this preset. Do not use it – inform factory.”

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      kwow1126
      Participant

Hello

I bought a used Orville a few years ago. Shortly after I bought it, I was able to update the software to 3.002(?) using a friend’s old PC. I hadn’t used it since and when I turned it on recently, I got a “Bad checksum” message so I changed the battery. I hadn’t made any user presets of my own so I didn’t back up anything. Then I start getting this new error message at the end of boot up saying ”

“ERROR: cannot update this preset. Do not use it – inform factory.

“continue”

Just to let you know exactly what the display says up to the error message:

・Eventide

the next step

・Orville powering on … 1.090

・Orville

・EVE/net initialisation

・Orville powering on … 3.002

・Testing: System ROM

・Testing: Internal RAM

・Testing: Orville’s Modules

・Testing: Orville Presets

・Initializing …

・DSP. 2303, 2303

Loading program A

Loading Program B

・Converting old preset to new software. Update preset to eliminate this message.

(the message above only comes on for a split second)

・ERROR: cannot update this preset. Do not use it – inform factory.

continue

I have no idea what’s happening or what to do. I did try pressing 8 at power on but nothing.

Does this mean I have to reinstall the software update? or something else? I am puzzled.

Thank you in advance.

kwow1126
      Participant

Ok, something strange is happening. Just for the hell of it, I decided to try “fix internal” from the service menu. After doing this, I was still getting the same “ERROR: cannot update this preset. Do not use it – inform factory” message. Then for whatever reason, I tried putting the old battery back (the one that I thought was dead). As I was rebooting, it said something like it detects that there’s new RAM and asked if I want to erase or initialize it. I said yes and after that the “ERROR: cannot update this preset …” message went away. It stopped jump quickly from “Loading Program B” to the error message.

So I’m thinking:

1. The checksum message that I was getting initially was not because of dead battery, but instead because the data in the RAM somehow was corrupted. and

2. The few new batteries (I bought multipack of CR2330 because I would have had to wait a long time to get a BR2330) were all bad or somehow incompatible?

I don’t know.

If there’s any new development or changes, I will report back.

Thank you

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Please contact support@eventide.com if you continue to have issues.

kwow1126
      Participant

Thank you!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.