orville missing banks

Home Forums Products Rackmount orville missing banks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      dnglbry

hello first time poster thanks in advance for any advice. i have a orville,serial number PC-00145,thats giving the bad checksum error on bootup. i’m assuming the battery needs changing since it does intialize into banks fine. also would the bad battery cause it to loose all banks past 67 even though they appear by name in content window? when i go to programs button banks appear up to bank 67 on both A and B then banks 70 and on are blank. any info is greatly appreciated,best regards.

p.s. just had banks come back. this what happened a error came up that stated “bus error has occured(E12) program 00A208 Data FFE00032”  said write down then rebot which i did the missing banks appeared but then if i use the scrolling knob to fast it will give that same error and i have to do it all over again. hope this info helps.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I think I would suggest that you re-initialize the unit (see UM for info). This will fix the checksum problem. If it comes back, you should change the battery and re-init again.

The banks issue may be related to the above, or it could be a bad flash memory chip.

The problem with the wheel – who knows ! This is getting to be an old machine. The above may fix it.

dnglbry

thanks nick for your quick responce.hey, its not old its mature!winkyea hoping the same thing about the battery fixing the checksum issues.would a bad battery cause these type of issues?when i went to access banks 70 on it would go into that E12 error then i would have to reboot.some patches when i tried to access would cause the E12 error.by the way do you still service these units and if not do you recomend anyone in sanantonio texas?does this unit use the slip on battery or soldered 2330v?thanks again my brother.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

We still service these machines, but hopefully it will not come to that.

The battery is a slip in part – CR2330 or BR2330. Best to do it with the power disconnected, and then re-init.

dnglbry

i will nick. i purchased the cr2330 3v today will install tomorrow. ill post my results. again many thanks and best regards.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.