Orville: PCMCIA Card Reader adapter for Compact Flash

Home Forums Products Rackmount Orville: PCMCIA Card Reader adapter for Compact Flash

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      rob

Hi,

Doe’s anyone know if I can use a PCMCIA Card Reader adapter for Compact Flash instead of an SRAM card?

Regards

Rob

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – Orville is too old to support Compact Flash, with or without an adaptor.

The H8000 family initially supported both PCMCIA and CF, but over time PCMCIA suport was dropped, as it was becoming less amd less relevant..

rob

Hi Nick, Yes I feared it was too long in the tooth – like it’s owner. ok thanks for answering my question 🙂

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You need to be sure that it is an SRAM card. A lot of the bigger ones you mention are probably ATA flash, which will not work.

The biggest card that Orville supports is 4M but these are rare and expensive; 128-512K are much more common.

All these will be quite old by now, so you should put in a new battery before you try and use them. (Except for rechargeable cards).

Anscorm
      Participant
      nickrose wrote:

Sorry – Orville is too old to support Compact Flash, with or without an adaptor.

What kind of SRAM PCMCIA Card is recommended for the Orville? What is the larges size the Orville can address? The biggest Type 1 an Type 2 Cards I found have 16MB. Is it possible to use them with the Orville?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.