Orville Problem

Home Forums Products Rackmount Orville Problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Steve560

Hi everyone,

I bought a Eventide Orville for my guitar rig. So far very impressed with the machine but it seems to not working properly. After every start up I get the problem info message "bad checksum Orville presets" or "quad in quad out! Tried to reinitialize, changed battery and "fixed intern" but the problems still remain.

Would be great to get some help or advice what to do. 

Stefan

Steve560

Would like to add that the machine needs several start-ups to power really up, f.e. in the morning. The display keeps blind and there are only some green leds visible on the left side. Should I set up a new operating system and format internal?

Hope, Nick can help;-)

Stefan

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Hi Stefan

Obviously, with what is not a young machine, a hardware fault is a possibility.

There is an internal battery that needs changing after 5-10 years.(BR or CR-2330).

The bad presets message might point to a software installation issue – you could try re-installing the latest release from the support pages.

Otherwise, support@eventide.com

Steve560

Hi Nick,

Tried to reinstall the software. Now I get the error "an address error occurred. (E12) Program D89ADA DATA FFFFFFFF" and the software on the PC shows " bad block address (Open Operation Error 4012).

Is there any chance to fix it by myself? It seems that the Orville now doesn`t work at all normally.

Thank you, Stefan

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Try a clear all (8 key on second startup screen). But, it is looking more like a hardware problem.

Steve560

Hi Nick,

I tried to reinstall the operating system today with an XP pc with the right setup. Same errror code: bad block address (Open operation error 4012) and after erasing the system, it can`t be reprogrammed.

Looks like a hardware problem now, right?

nice regards

Stefan

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It does indeed. I would consider returning it to it's source.

Otherwise, support@eventide.com, but it may be out of warranty by now ..

Steve560

Ok, thanks!!;-) Orville is on it`s way to the German Eventide service. Hope they can help!Sad

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.