Orville V3.002 Software Update ~> E100 (Open Command Ack Error 100)

Home Forums Products Rackmount Orville V3.002 Software Update ~> E100 (Open Command Ack Error 100)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Paje

Greetings Eventide Support,

My Orville is SN PC-00096. I attempted to apply the Orville V3.002 Software Update
      (via serial connection) and received an error message: ~> E100 (Open Command Ack Error 100)
      on the update utility and "an address error has occurred. (E12) Program:
      D8953E" on the Orville display.  Rebooting the Orville brings me to the
      screen "main memory unprogramed… starting tests".   Subsequent attempts (10+ so far) to apply the
      update have yielded the same result.

Please advise.

Kind regards,
      Paje

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Try with a different computer (preferably not a laptop). Be sure that all other applications (especially Web Browsers) are closed. See also:

http://www.eventide.com/~/media/Files/Audio%20Support/AppNotes/techn207.ashx

If this fails, it will have to come in – support@eventide.com.

Paje

Thank you kindly for the reply nickrose.

I exhumed an old (ancient) PC and successfully applied the update. Yes 

One additional, potentially causal, detail I neglected to mention is that the PC I initially used (detailed in OP) does not have a serial port and I am utilizing a USB-to-Serial converter (TRENDnet U-S9).  Are there known issues with this type of connectivity?

I am receiving the following error via VSig upon executing "Get Dbase":

"Get User Files" & "Get Setup" both work without issue.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Glad you got it working !

The error you show may be due to a communications problem. USB-serial converters seem to be a bit variable, especially at high data rates. You could try and reduce the "MIDI/sysex speed" parameter – this might help if the link is being overwhelmed.

Otherwise, you can always download the Vsig database from the Vsig support page on our Web Site.

http://www.eventide.com/AudioDivision/Support/Harmonizers%20and%20Rack%20Products/VSig.aspx

Paje

Thanks again,

Will do on the reduced data rate (& will try my old system if that doesn't work).   I have to try something else because the error messages are starting to insult me! Hmm

LOL!

This problem/thread is 100% resolved for my part (I'll DL the vsig.aspx file at worst) but, if you could indulge me one last question:  I read here on the forum that there still may be an Orville~>H8000FW upgrade path.  Is it politic to share those details here or should I phone?

Cheers,
      Paje

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Paje:

I read here on the forum that there still may be an Orville~>H8000FW upgrade path.  Is it politic to share those details here or should I phone?

You should call. It depends on various things.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.