Os Mavericks

Home Forums Products Rackmount Os Mavericks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      Monocoque

I was wondering if the H8000fw drivers work with os Mavericks ?

Thank you

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

We believe that they do, but have not heavily tested them.

martin Zull

If Mavericks works,

1. what OS in the H8000FW is necessary and

2. would it be possible to connect it to a MacBook Air with Thunderbolt?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Best to use the latest OS. But, this does not affect Mavericks – you should use the latest OSX drivers (from Web Site).

H8000FW does not support Thunderbolt. You could try a Thunderbolt-FireWire adaptor, but because of driver issues it is possible that this will not work. We will invest the massive sum of $29 and give it a try.

lbonemsk
      Participant

That question is actual for me too. I`ve got macbook with thunderbolt (thunderbolt to firewire 800 adapter, and firewire 800 to firewire 400 cable) and OS 10.9.3. H8000 shows that firewire is not connected ( in setup menu, but light on the back panel is on), and Eventide Control Panel doesn`t see it as well. Is there any way to make it works that way (through thunderbolt) or will you work on it ?

pisco
      Participant

Hi

I consider swaping from windows to Mac OS (Mac mini with Firewire). Can you confirm that the available driver for the H8000FW run with Mac OS X Mavericks?

nickrose:

We will invest the massive sum of $29 and give it a try.

Does the Thunderbolt-to-Firewire adapter work with the H8000FW? You announced testing in january.

thanks and

(BTW: I missed my quick reply, sorry if I posted twice 😉

regards

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

pisco:

Can you confirm that the available driver for the H8000FW run with Mac OS X Mavericks?

It does.

pisco:

Does the Thunderbolt-to-Firewire adapter work with the H8000FW?

No results yet. I'll ask them to try harder.

pisco
      Participant

thanks for the answer. Any new about the thunderbolt adapter?

ThreeFingersOfLove
      Participant

Could Eventide give an honest answer as to whether the Firewire-Thunderbolt adaptor will work with the H8000-FW? I don't think it's too much to ask for.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

So far we have not got it to work. Sorry. We'll keep on it.

ThreeFingersOfLove
      Participant

Well, if it doesn't work, that pretty much will render the H8000-FW useless as an audio interface (especially with new Apple computers)…

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

As I said, we're looking into it.

ThreeFingersOfLove
      Participant

Nick, did you have any luck with this? Also can you tell whether the driver for the H8000-FW will function properly with Parallels Desktop? I mean if Eventide doesn't release a driver for Yosemite, maybe I can install an older OS (such as Mavericks, Mountain Lion, and so on) by using Parallels. Will it work?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

We now believe that it works, but I've not heard from our test guy. I'll harass him a bit.

As for Parallels Desktop, I have no idea. Maybe someone can try it and let us know.

chonnnnn

doesn't work, but it would be great if it did

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

ThreeFingersOfLove:

Could Eventide give an honest answer as to whether the Firewire-Thunderbolt adaptor will work with the H8000-FW?

Honestly, it does work.

We fooled ourselves at first by using an iMac which had both FW and Thunderbolt – if you have two FWs, there is confusion. But, if you have FW you will not be needing the adaptor, so I'm not going to try and understand this.

ThreeFingersOfLove
      Participant

I have 2 RME Fireface 800, these have the Firewire 800 port. The H8000-FW has two Firewire ports and these are 400 type. If I am good to go with the Thunderbolt-Firewire cable then I might as well sell the RMEs and finance one more H8000-FW. I am asking because I am in the process of buying a 2014 iMac, these only have Thunderbolt and I am not interested in investing in another audio interface if the H8000-FW works with no problems.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You'll also need 800 to 400 cables/adaptors to connect to the H8000.

You'll want to try it out before dumping your RMEs, but we don't anticipate any problems.

pisco
      Participant

chonnnnn:

doesn't work, but it would be great if it did

What did you mean? The Thunderbolt to Firewire-Adapter or the Workarround with Parallels?

regards

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.