Output issues Eventide Orville

Home Forums Products Rackmount Output issues Eventide Orville

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      evo64
      Participant

Hi,

I have a really strange issue and before driving myself nuts in the settings and worrying I thought maybe there is something obvious I’m doing wrong. Basically I am running my synth through the Orville and noticed the sound was very different even when both effects are disabled. I pulled up an EQ to look what might be happening, ran a basic saw wave through and see a very big drop in the signal around 5k hertz. It’s almost like someone took an EQ with a pretty high Q and pulled it down as much as they can. It’s such a strange ”error” I have no idea where to even start. Maybe it’s the routing?

I’ve look around here and on the internet but can’t see anyone with this issue.

noodle1
      Participant

Are you saying it is affecting the freq response BOTH in bypass mode AND EACH program? Or are you saying this 5KHz rolloff ONLY happens in bypass mode?
      What are your Orville’s current bypass settings?
      More info…

evo64
      Participant

Hi Noodle,

Thank you very much for your wisdom. I am still learning some aspects of this and you were right- it was a setting in the bypass mode.

Feel like a total noob now haha.

noodle1
      Participant

Great to hear! It always pains me to see someone unhappy with the mighty Eventides…
      Here’s to making more music! Cheers!

evo64
      Participant

Cheers man 🙂

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.