Please help with the H9000 Pro Tools ExpCard with Avid Pro Toold HDX Rig

Home Forums Products Rackmount Please help with the H9000 Pro Tools ExpCard with Avid Pro Toold HDX Rig

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      SonikStrike
      Participant

Hi,

I need some help and clear vision how to maximize and Integrate the H9000 with my Pro Tools HDX Rig (1 HDX Card)

I want to know when using the Eventide H9000 with his Pro Tools HDX  expansion Card  if that limit the use or any  I/O analog, AES I/O etc of The H9000.

So Basically what limitations are when using the card in terms of I/O?
      For example I have now a H9000  session where I have the unit  all coming back to Pro Tools only with AES  i/o (not Expansion card Connected to the System)…..when I allow/connect the HDX expansion Card  I can not receive any of the AES Routing I had , but when stop using the Pro Tools HDX  Expansion Card all goes back to normal..

So  with I/O are working when using the Pro Tools Expasion Card with the H9000? I am reading the new manual  but I did not find what i/0 are  possible to use while using the Pro Tools Expansion Card.

Also what would be the best way to integrate the Digi Link connection if I have 2 AVID Interfaces that each are connected to each port of the Pro Tools HDX Card ( Mac computer)…how should be the connections with Primary and secondary….. and the most solid way to integrate the h9000 with my Pro Tools Rig?

So with 1  Avid Pro Tools HDX card I am limit to 64 channels of DigiLink I/O right? so I have to fit the H9000 i/o into this right?  and I can use 16/32 i/0 thru the H9000 Pro tools expansion card

what about Clocking? I am using a dedicated Word Clock…so imagine I may conect one WC Cable to the in of the h9000…

any tips or considerations I should be aware of?

Thanks!

SonikStrike
      Participant

So Basically what limitations are when using the card in terms of I/O? For example I have now a H9000 session where I have the unit all coming back to Pro Tools only with AES i/o (not Expansion card Connected to the System)…..when I allow/connect the HDX expansion Card I can not receive any of the AES Routing I had , but when stop using the Pro Tools HDX Expansion Card all goes back to norma

Dismiss this Part  now is working , no idea what happened before…. but yes I want to know  which of  the i/o works while using the PT HDX expansion card and any other tips and advise.

Thanks

ps: is there a way to edits a Post or thread?

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Hello,

Glad to hear that you were able to get this working, I’m not sure what the issue you were having was. On the H9000, you can use all of the I/O from your analog, digital, USB, and expansion cards simultaneously, so there is no issue with using your AES and Pro Tools expansion card I/O at the same time. All of the I/O is configured with your FX Chains, so a simple example would be using AES 1+2 for FX Chain 1, and PT|HD 1+2 for FX Chain 2, but these can be configured however you like.

With 1 HDX card your total I/O is 64 channels, 32 channels per DigiLink port. If you already have 2 devices connected to your system, then you can choose to only use 16 inputs on one of the devices and have the H9000 daisy chained to this device, but this would limit you to only having 16 channels of I/O on your H9000’s Pro Tools expansion card. The Secondary port of the 1st HD device would connect to the Primary port of the expansion card to set up the daisy chain, or vice-versa if you wanted the H9000 to be the 1st device. You would also need to set the PT|HD card to be in 16-channel mode.

You will need to configure the clocking on all of your devices for this to work correctly. This can be done using Word Clock, or you can setup a LoopSync between your other HD devices and the H9000’s Pro Tools expansion card.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

SonikStrike
      Participant

Thank you!

How Pro tools Divides the i/0 ?

for example, if I want to use all 16 analog i/o of 1 Avid Interface but all the 16 i/o  Digital of the Pro Tools Expansion card?

I just do it on the Pro tools I/o?  or do Pro tools already have default division?

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

You’re welcome.

This all depends on what devices you are using and how they are configured. All of your devices and I/O can be viewed in the Pro Tools “Hardware Setup” page.

If you are connecting 2 daisy chained devices to the 1st port of your HDX card, then the first device’s channel will be “A 1-16” and the 2nd device’s channels will be “B 1-16”. Examples of this can be seen here: https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h9000/content/expansions/protools.html#integration

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.