power roland FC50 Midi pedal with Eclipse remote power in?Canan

Home Forums Products Rackmount power roland FC50 Midi pedal with Eclipse remote power in?Canan

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      bert lams
      Participant

I'd like to power my 9v DC Midi pedal (a Roland FC 50) from the Eventide Remote Power out.

Does anyone out there know what cable I need to do this? 

Thanks!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You would need a 7 pin DIN cable.

bert lams
      Participant

I meant to ask: how to send DC power from the Eclipse (using the 'remote power in' on the back panel of the Eclipse). My FC 50 Midi pedal runs on batteries, or on a wall wart, but I'd prefer to power it up from the Eclipse. So I'm not talking about sending Midi information, but about sending 9v DC from the Eclipse to the FC 50 so I don't have to use batteries or wallwart for the FC 50.

Thanks for your patient replies!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I see (I think).

The Eclipse won't generate the power (too many possible requirements) – you have to plug a wallwart into the socket by the MIDI socket – then it sends it down the cable. It's mainly used to connect to pedalboards with a single cable.

sshogrin
      Participant

Your FC 50 has a 5 pin MIDI OUT, you'll have to use something like the Rocktron 7 Pin to 5 pin MIDI cable and either find or make an adapter for the 5 pin "power jack" to plug into the FC 50. Use your wal wart power supply to plug into the back of the Eclipse.

bert lams
      Participant

Thanks !

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.