Preset user submitted libraries for H9000 ecosystem

Home Forums Products Rackmount Preset user submitted libraries for H9000 ecosystem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      J20056
      Participant

I was wondering if there is a forum somewhere (would make a lot of sense on this website) for algorithm preset user submitted libraries. I am not talking about user built algorithms in VSig3 , but rather the file that gets created when you save a Preset, which is nothing else than the settings of a given algo.
      Where I am going with this is that as a guitar player, I would love the ability to load say an Electric Mistress flanger or any other famous guitar pedal. My biggest problem is that most algos are so powerful that they have many parameters and I get lost. So if someone had saved a Preset for whichever flanger algo is the right one to emulate an Electric Mistress, then I could first load such standard algo then the user submitted Preset, and I’d be the proud owner of a digital Electric Mistress. The name of the Preset should clearly indicate which Eventide algo it is based on so that I would know which one to load.
      This way, after a while, there could be a large library of vintage and modern replicas of actual pedals, which would make the H9000 even more appealing to guitar players who otherwise have a bit of a struggle to recreate their favorite stomp boxes.
      I realize that the analog pedals themselves have ranges of parameters from the knobs, but a “middle of the road” base preset could at least get a user in the ballpark and then he can tweak. Better yet, the ranges of the parameters could be calibrated to mimic the ranges of the analog pedals.
      Expanding on this, it’s also clear that FX Chains or Scenes that fully replicate a particular guitar player/tone could be useful, but this gets closer to the modeling world unless the user specified the type of analog amp tone to be fed to the H9000, and users would use analog amps (miced or with passive load) to get the dry tone feed. That’s how I use my H9000.

J20056
      Participant

After I posted this, i saw the forum section with presets but it is essentially 100% H9 presets posted. Which brings my next question: since the H9000 can emulate H9 algos, is it also able to load H9 preset files? I assume it doesn’t but it would be great if it did as the library is fairly large. Just a thought.

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      J20056 wrote:
      After I posted this, i saw the forum section with presets but it is essentially 100% H9 presets posted. Which brings my next question: since the H9000 can emulate H9 algos, is it also able to load H9 preset files? I assume it doesn’t but it would be great if it did as the library is fairly large. Just a thought.

Internally, the H9000 uses the same preset format as the H9 for those algorithms, and we did it that way to enable preset sharing with the H9 community.  However, this isn't supported via the UI yet.  It will be fairly easy for us to add this, so we should be able to get this into a point release after 1.2 is out.

macgee
      Participant
      jbamberg wrote:

J20056 wrote:

Internally, the H9000 uses the same preset format as the H9 for those algorithms, and we did it that way to enable preset sharing with the H9 community.  However, this isn’t supported via the UI yet.  It will be fairly easy for us to add this, so we should be able to get this into a point release after 1.2 is out.

This would be awesome but I think algos need to be included here. So a sub preset sharing category for H9K users along with sound sample support 😉

@Joe, holding thumbs for Harmadillo to be inluded in the 1.2 release

luedmo
      Participant
      jbamberg wrote:

Internally, the H9000 uses the same preset format as the H9 for those algorithms, and we did it that way to enable preset sharing with the H9 community.  However, this isn’t supported via the UI yet.  It will be fairly easy for us to add this, so we should be able to get this into a point release after 1.2 is out.

Thanks,

Am I right that eMote 1.2.2[3] has not yet implemented this?

Looking forward 🙂

:Lu

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      macgee wrote:

@Joe, holding thumbs for Harmadillo to be inluded in the 1.2 release

It should be available in a point release after 1.2 production.  Harmadillo is a bit trickier to port than most algorithms, since it assumes a fixed sample rate, so needs a bit of DSP work to run on the H9000.

macgee
      Participant
      jbamberg wrote:

It should be available in a point release after 1.2 production.  Harmadillo is a bit trickier to port than most algorithms, since it assumes a fixed sample rate, so needs a bit of DSP work to run on the H9000.

understood, that’s great news!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.