Preset version is later than software version: warning

Home Forums Products Rackmount Preset version is later than software version: warning

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      J20056
      Participant

I upgraded my H7600 to latest firmware 5.59. I was mostly intersted in the ModFactor new presets. As I try to save preset 9115 on my Memory Card so I can call via MIDI, I get this message:

"Preset version is later than software version. Software update needed." Choices are ignore or cancel.

What does this mean and what am I suposed to do?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It means that some or all of the preset was built with more recent software than that supplied with it. It is probably a mistake.

We'll look into it

J20056
      Participant

Thanks and please let me know as soon as possible. I'm in trouble now because any time I change a preset via MIDI, I need to confirm manually on the H7600 and choose "ignore". But bottom line is that I basically lost the ability to change patches while playing. 

J20056
      Participant

Any luck? If not I need to revert to the prior firmware and software. This is not a good situation for the moment, lost ability to switch hands free

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry to be slow getting back to you. I assume that you mean 5.5B1 – I can't find a 5.59.

I also have to apologize for the fact that I cannot duplicate your problem  it seems fine to me. It would be helpful if you could ive me more information so I could see what you are seeing.

What I did was:

1) Install update

2) Power up, initializing unit as suggested.

3) Load preset 9115

4) Save it to a CF card.

5) Load it from the card.

no problem.

J20056
      Participant

I am indeed on 5.51B1. I fixed it. I was using preset 4314 (Italo's Chamber) that had been copied on my Flash memory card and assigned in a Usergroup so I can recall via MIDI PC. I could load the Factory preset but not the Card preset. I resave the Factory on the Card, and now I can save it fine from the Card. I'm not sure if this makes sense, but it works so no issues. Thanks.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Makes sense – if you were using a preset saved by an earlier software version you might get the message you describe. Saving it with your current version would remove the problem.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.